Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the black 74 out to burn some holes in some things. I was VERY pleased with the whole 74 experience. The felt recoil is at least half the 47 and the bullet speed and trajectory is much better.
I had been waiting to see what is going on with the trunion issues but I think I am going to order one from ORF tomorrow. (depending on what the condition of their trunions are) They are having a sale this week according to the web site ORF

Here's a bad picture since I painted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
looks nice even in the photo, I would love to see the front grips clearer if you get a better photo. Glad to hear the shooting went well for you :)

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The handguards are typical 74 black polymer.

I bought this one from Gunthings for $239 , they are now $229
K-var has plum one's for $195
ORf has the plum one's on sale for $199 was $239
FAC $189

I was talking about the poor quality picture, the rifle itself turned out fantastic. I painted it with high heat black paint and looks a little brown in the right light. I won't be using that paint any more.
I've been busy this week and plan on ordering another soon.
Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
kevin_m4 said:

FAC $189
I ordered one from ORF with wood stocks for $169.99 Monday. Emailed Todd about the rivet removal and he said they had build several from them and they didn't cause any problems. I figure I'll put new stocks on anyways for compliance.

I miss the "remove the rivets yourself" days.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
What's the service like at FAC? Why did you choose Gunthings with a higher price?

kevin_m4 said:

FAC $189

I was talking about the poor quality picture, the rifle itself turned out fantastic. I painted it with high heat black paint and looks a little brown in the right light. I won't be using that paint any more.
I've been busy this week and plan on ordering another soon.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.