Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
DorGunR said:
I wonder if he's gonna get called on that????
I can think of a thing or two to call him.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Oh, I was kinda OK with Bush arriving via fighter plane in a flight suit to make his speech on the USS Abraham Lincoln. One of the percs of being prez and great theatre, besides. No, the part he's having trouble living down is: "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

I suspect that Rather and Bush both were in flight suits for precisely the same reasons: They were in military aircraft, and it's probably SOP to have civilians wear a flight suit in that situation, dunno for sure.

Regarding why Rather is still around... I don't think he's due to retire for another 2-4 months or so.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
If you're flying as a passenger in a military chopper you are not required to wear a flight suit..........hell, as a chopper passenger you could wear shorts and wife beater if you wanted.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
DorGunR said:
If you're flying as a passenger in a military chopper you are not required to wear a flight suit..........hell, as a chopper passenger you could wear shorts and wife beater if you wanted.
So I can wear my zippered leather face mask, latex jump suit, and spike high heels? Cool!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Knowing that Bush had been a Gurad pilot and knowing that he scored very well and his insturctors said he was an above average fighter pilot it does not bother me nor should it others as DZE being Pres is part grand theater.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
So I can wear my zippered leather face mask, latex jump suit, and spike high heels? Cool!
No problem..........just don't sit too close to the Crew Chief.......else you might find yourself leaving the acft before you want to.........while still at altitude.:)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
DorGunR said:
No problem..........just don't sit too close to the Crew Chief.......else you might find yourself leaving the acft before you want to.........while still at altitude.:)
Ya gotta be nice to the flight crew or ya might be sorry. :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Pogo said:
Oh, I'd be extra nice. Especially if the Crew Chief is cute.

Although if he's really cute, then I might be naughty.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Pogo said:
Roger that. :wink:

·
Registered
625 Posts
He?s putting together a story on how Bush caused the EarthQuake that created the Tsunami.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Major Combat Operations refered to the taking of the country and beating the Iraqi army down and unseating Saddam. It's the point of the mission changing from invading force to occupying force.

I watched him make that speech. I understood exactly what he said in the context of the whole speech. The part where he mentioned that the difficult job is still ahead is exactly what's happening now, people object to being invaded and occupied for some strange reason and feel the need to resist it.

I think they didnt quite figure in the infiltrations of fighters from surrounding countries being so heavy but they are coping well with it. As a bonus it lessens the available rabid manpower in those other countries, just in case someone needs to go stomp a mudhole in them too.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems we have posters who are not able to detect a difference between a journalist and the CINC.

I suppose Rather suffers from the same problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts