Gunco Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys into remote control stuff like airplanes, helis, cars, boats? I have a couple of gas airplanes, electric cars and a little helicopter..not too good with any of them..but it sure is fun..

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I had 4 Tamiya cars a while back. You seen thos X-mods that Radio Shack sells? My co-worker bought one at lunch on a whim and it's a lot of fun.

I was in RS the other day and the guy in there tells me this local kid figured out that the motors from electric tooth brushes run at 100,000 RPM and he puts them in the X-mod cars for speed over 40 MPH! 1:25 scale car going 40 MPH! He burns the bearings up left and right though.

They are stil a little too expensive at $50 a pop IMHO.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I had some rc planes with cox 049 engines. I would spend days building them and then would lose control and crash them on the first flight. It got old quick so I gave it up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used to fly R/C gliders...had a 2 meter thermal glider and a aerobatic glider, both running Royal mini servos from a Futaba attack4 radio

just didn't have the time to spend on them....sold everything and bought guns.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I've always liked 'em...........just never got into 'em.:)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll bet you could get the yard done fast with that one..haha..A nearby RC club has an event every year where they all bring out their creations like that..some of the stuff is pretty wild..last year i saw a flying comode seat..

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Holy crap! I want one! I want on so bad I can taste it! The neighbors would freak!
WTF...What is the scale size of that flying lawn mower? I want one too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts