Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys! I didnt realize there was a seperate Projects forum until I already started a long thread about my 9mm.... I decided I will put all the pics in one post here for future reference (In case someone finds it in the future it will be a complete pictoral record..)

Here goes. Im gonna just put them all in order...

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pic 20
shows the slot milled into the bolt carrier to make it lock together w/out pinning or welding it to the bolt... Sorry for the crappy pics, I have a cheese ball camera. My wifes camera phone takes better pics than this POS Kodak...bear with me, I hope to get better pics (high res) posted on a pic host site eventually. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More updates/pics...

I got sick of trying to re-invent the wheel so I modified an AK recoil spring setup and rear trunnion to work w/my build.. I filed/sanded the trunnion down till it fit in the rear of my receiver...

Now all I have left to do is shorten the safety lever, trim the top cover and weld the BBL on permanently...

Here's some more pics...ENJOY!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Pretty clever.

And Kalifornistan-legal even with a hi-cap mag?

Got plans for a trigger guard? Plans for sights?

Parts of the receiver do look a bit crude. Wondering if you could clean it up with a file/emery cloth and then paint it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its not done yet... The magazine is welded down to 10rds in case I ever move... Altho I built the actual receiver in 1999 so technically it IS preban and I COULD use hicaps in it, Im not pushing my luck :)

I plan on getting it nickel plated when Im done and it works... Ill braze the scratches in and sand it all down nice n smooth...

The trigger guard is done, just not installed... Sights are red dot mounted on top of the trunnion...

Thanks for compliment.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, the receiver looks crude cuz the light catches all the sanding marks, its really pretty straight and smooth, I used to do car body work so when Im done it will look like a milled receiver w/no nicks in it...I dont wanna put a TON of time into it tho, because it was built purely to show you can build a 9mm AK w/nothing more than a MIG/File/Sanding disk and some time...

L8R!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts