Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an interesting website, created by a team of supposedly real ghost hunters. They've appeared again and again on Coast to Coast A.M. For those of you who either believe in or are simply fascinated by such things, I've linked directly to the video page:

http://www.ghostpix.com/gis/video.html

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
But you don't believe in Bigfoot?????

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most likely explanation for Bigfoot is that they are a remnant of a species known as "Gigantopithecus." The possibility that Bigfoot exists carries more weight than a lot of other mystery animals.

A mystery animal of great interest is Mokele Mbembe, which matches the description of a long-necked dinosaur and lives in the dense jungles of the Congo. This is a largely unexplored area, but sightings of Mokele Mbembe go back hundreds of years. Unlike reports of other mystery animals that seem to carry a supernatural or folkloric significance, the sightings of Mokele Mbembe are more matter-of-fact, like the natives were talking about just another animal they are familiar with, like an elephant or rhino, etc. Their descriptions, however, clearly appear to closely match the description of an Apatosaurus (formerly known as Brontosaurus).

For people who think that sightings of Bigfoot, Mokele Mbembe, etc., are just hokum, keep in mind that the Gorilla was unknown until the late 1800's or early 1900's. Science does not know everything, even though the scientists think they do. I remember a video of an odd-looking deer that lives in the mountains of Vietnam. The deer was absolutely unknown to westerners. Its chief distinctive feature is that it has odd-looking "gills" on its upper snout.

(For those of you who may read this post and think it's a joke, photos and videos of this deer are readily available through many sources.)

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Light can play a lot of tricks on cameras. Most of those shots show the "subject" to be in the shape of a camera iris.....instant BS to the trained eye.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Major, it's nice to see an open, and well informed mind!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: While I believe BF to be a relic hominid I think there are several choices, including Gigantopithicus, although that is probably the most widely held opinion in the crypto community. Recently Dr. Jane Goodall admited publicly that she believes BF is an unknown N. American Ape and should be researched.
Mokele Mbembe definatley intrigues me, but not being rich, I must stick to things I can research close to home LOL. It's been almost 40 years since Roger Patterson filmed an unknown species in Bluff Creek, Ca. and I believe it's time for some new evidence, but if folks don't search it probably won't happen.
BTW I'm sorry for getting off topic in your thread about ghost but I just had to ask.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
As far as ghost go, once I learned that scientist(Quantum Physics) believe that we live not in a 3 dimensional world but one that is 11 dimensional (no, I can't name them let alone explain them) I felt all bets were off. Parallel universes could be one explanation. I don't pretend to understand it but I know the scientist are serious about it. And Max I'm not in the cold meds again either LOL!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get ridiculed for a belief in "ghosts." I don't believe they are the spirits of dead people, but rather "elementals" or "demons" or the like that have never had a body and seek to deceive and/or harm people. One theory is that they seek to deceive the living into believing in an afterlife that doesn't involve a Heaven or Hell.

With regard to an earlier post on optical illusions, I have long been skeptical of the so-called "orbs" as being dust or other matter. Furthermore, some of the dubious "shapes" that appear to some people to have a "face" are suspect as well. It is well known to psychologists that the human mind tries to "find" a face in an indistinct but complicated shape. This is just human nature. So seeing a "face" in a cloudy mist is most likely this psychological effect in play.

Being a person who has felt the presence of a definitely malevolent invisible intelligence, however, I remain convinced that there ARE things that go bump in the night...

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I had an old friend ( deceased now) who was a Hatian Voodoo priest. During one of our fishing trips I told him I was a non-believer on supernatural. He got upset and threatened me with sending an evil entity to my house to prove his religion....I just told him to make sure such entity was really dead before coming in, otherwise it was going to be dead going out....No one ever showed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts