Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is being done to replace the rear sling swivell on the amd 65? What are you guys using? I know someone has come up with something and the info on how to attach it

Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Good luck finding one of those... I know, AA-OK has them on their site.. But they don't have any..

They would be easy to make though.. There was a post on gunsnet were a guy made one with lamp chain links, and some sheet steel..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. They do look pretty easy to make. Just cut the slot and unfold the "ears" and spot weld in place?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I bought one from AA-OK just after they raised their prices. I believe I got charged $15 for one. If I remember correctly RPB sold regular rear swivels for AK wooden buttstocks cheaply. The swivel assembly is composed of three pieces: the swivel loop, a bottom plate and a top plate.

The top and bottom plates have two screw holes in them and are spot welded together. You can use a Dremel and a chisel to separate the two plates. Typically you cut through the bottom plate and lever the pieces off the top plate.

That top plate becomes the 'ears' of the swivel.

You can bend the plate in two keeping the swivel positioned surrounded by a little loop in the plate. You can then insert it and bend the ears flat.

I have not yet cut the slot in the -65 receiver and tried to attach the swivel ears. They may be beefy enough not to need spot welding --- maybe.

One advantage is the swivel loop looks correct for the -65, not like the Chinese variant.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made one out of a link from a lamp chain and used the scrap from the mag cut out to fabricate the loop & ears. Came out slicker than a whistle. Would post a pic but haven't a clue how. Instead of bending the ears I am going to cut them short and drill a small hole and use a cotter pin on the inside. I am afraid of breaking them during the bend process and the pin wont interfere sith anything on the inside. Looks just like the reql thing.
Thanks guys :headspin:

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
erikk said:
Instead of bending the ears I am going to cut them short and drill a small hole and use a cotter pin on the inside. I am afraid of breaking them during the bend process and the pin wont interfere sith anything on the inside.
Heat it with a torch first, then you can bend it without worrying about breakage.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
erikk said:
I made one out of a link from a lamp chain and used the scrap from the mag cut out to fabricate the loop & ears. Came out slicker than a whistle. Would post a pic but haven't a clue how. Instead of bending the ears I am going to cut them short and drill a small hole and use a cotter pin on the inside. I am afraid of breaking them during the bend process and the pin wont interfere sith anything on the inside. Looks just like the reql thing.
Thanks guys :headspin:
If you want to -email me the pic and I'll post it for you. Sounds like a slick set up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
erikk---Woohoo!!

Thanks for the cotter pin idea. It will make the rear swivel much easier to install.

This is a great board.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
guys the easiest fix to this probelm is to buy the Uncle Mike's machine screw sling swivel nut then tap the upper most hole in the rear trunion to fit and cut the screw to fit. done deal. this allows uncle mikes sling swivels and doesn't require any complicated mods, no noise and sleaker look. I also place the sling swivel not on the opposite side of the front sling attachment to cause the weapon to sit straight rather then canted. try it you'll like it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sling Swivel

I wanted a rear swivel on my recent AMD65 build, so I took the rear swivel off a broken SKS stock and bolted it to the rear of the AMD receiver with two cap screws and nuts. It looks great and the nuts do not interfer with anything on the inside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts