Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Aussie kit. (one of two) It is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to start the build. Can you guys give me some recommendations as to receivers and who has the best deal, service, etc. I also have a German G1 that is in fair condition that I would like your opinion as well. Thanks Jack

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Jack, the aussie kits are inch pattern, right? For the G1 kit I would recommend calling FAC (I went thorugh Harlan) and getting either an Imbel or coonan from them. The service was great - I had the reciever in less than a week (the friendly ffl I use for transfers called me before UPS had left the store saying my receiver was there). The imbel is a nice receiver and what I used, but I have heard only good about the coonan plus it counts as a US part.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
scubadvr said:
I just got my Aussie kit. (one of two) It is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to start the build. Can you guys give me some recommendations as to receivers and who has the best deal, service, etc. I also have a German G1 that is in fair condition that I would like your opinion as well. Thanks Jack
Where did you get your kit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
sniper69 said:
Jack, the aussie kits are inch pattern, right? For the G1 kit I would recommend calling FAC (I went thorugh Harlan) and getting either an Imbel or coonan from them. The service was great - I had the reciever in less than a week (the friendly ffl I use for transfers called me before UPS had left the store saying my receiver was there). The imbel is a nice receiver and what I used, but I have heard only good about the coonan plus it counts as a US part.
The G1 used a TYPE I receiver, so the Coonan would be your best bet for authenticity, unless $$$ is not an object. Then I would recommend a DSA Type I. Imbel only makes Type III. For the L1A1, if you want to stay authentic, I think the only firm making inch-pattern look alikes these days is Entreprise.

If authenticity is not what your after but you want a good shooter, take Sniper's recommendation and get an Imbel. It's hard to beat them, and right now, the price is great. You will not be able to use your inch-pattern magazine in the Imbel (or the Coonan or the DSA) though.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sheik Yerbouti said:
The G1 used a TYPE I receiver, so the Coonan would be your best bet for authenticity, unless $$$ is not an object. Then I would recommend a DSA Type I. Imbel only makes Type III. For the L1A1, if you want to stay authentic, I think the only firm making inch-pattern look alikes these days is Entreprise.

If authenticity is not what your after but you want a good shooter, take Sniper's recommendation and get an Imbel. It's hard to beat them, and right now, the price is great. You will not be able to use your inch-pattern magazine in the Imbel (or the Coonan or the DSA) though.
Whats the word on Century Arms. Gun Plumber did not have any thing bad to say about them.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
scubadvr said:
Whats the word on Century Arms. Gun Plumber did not have any thing bad to say about them.
I will have to find out exactly but from what I've heard they sometimes need some minor fitting. I will see what I can find out for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts