Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a copy of the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide. It answers most questions that home builders may have and the price is right as well (freebe). I believe copies maybe requested at: Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, Firarms Programs Division, Washington, D.C. 20226. There is also a book with all revelant state laws too. Becareful as it can cause drowsiness, do not drive or operate machinery. :sleep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
hay thanks for this info this could be a valuable thing to have rite here at the house. I can forsee a well intentioned guy at my door that realy dose not know about home builds. Is he going to take my word ,,,, NO,,, but if I show him a fact in a book he may be more willing to believe it and to take the time to find out how much I {and we} do to comply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
scubadvr said:
I recently got a copy of the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide. It answers most questions that home builders may have and the price is right as well (freebe). I believe copies maybe requested at: Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, Firarms Programs Division, Washington, D.C. 20226. There is also a book with all revelant state laws too. Becareful as it can cause drowsiness, do not drive or operate machinery. :sleep:

Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to post the guide on this site? Or is it too large, and better to get an original? Thanks.

Chip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chip said:
Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to post the guide on this site? Or is it too large, and better to get an original? Thanks.

Chip
Chip, I suggest that you write to the address above. The copy I received was free and I have no reason to believe that yours would be different. I think this stuff is important to be at least familiar. As a lawyer, I take a little more interest, but remember, we are all supposed to know the law. Further, you can make notes, mark pages, etc. Who knows, you may even want to go further and apply for a C&R License etc. Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,856 Posts
I have 'tried' to read my copy but god only knows who decided to put it together the way they did. It seems like suff is just randomly put in the book. You read something that says you can't do one thing and low and behold 15 pages later there's a paragragh that says you can.

They need to have classes on just what they do mean. After all it dealing with guns requires a 'FEDERAL' license.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toten Kopf said:
They need to have classes on just what they do mean. After all it dealing with guns requires a 'FEDERAL' license.
Believe me, even after law school, clerking for a judge, and then over 20 years in practice, it still reads poorly. Most people don't understand that there is the law ie. 922r and then there is the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs). The CFRs are the regulations made by the ATF or various Federal agencies depending upon the law being applied. The CFRs are as good as law if they do not run a foul of the law. A good way to get into the book (the green one) is to go to frequently asked questions. The answers are given along with a reference to the applicable law and or CFR. Believe me, it takes several readings to get it down and even then it still leave a lot to be desired. Last, the law is subject to interpretation by the Court. Yea I know, first the individual AFT agent, then the Attorney General's Office then if charges are filed, and then the Court will make the final determination. To make matters worse, you will get different interpetations across the various Federal Circuit Courts, with the most wacked out coming from the left coast and the 9th Circuit. The Supreme Court will then have to make the final determination if the circuits are opposed in their postions. That why some of the 9th Circuit cases are sometimes bypassed for appeal because you would want to appeal a case that has the facts and application of the law if favor of your position.

Not to get political, but it is the Pesident that appoints the Federal Bench. We are paying a big cost for the eight years of Slick Willie. If Kerry gets in it will be that much worse for the Second Amendment.

Sorry for the civics lesson, sometimes I still think I am teaching this stuff. Jack :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top