Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does it seem like there is a new legal challenge on a daily basis to some use of a religious symbol?

Just heard about a ACLU challenge to the cross that has been on LA's city emblem for years.

Is there some sort of widespread campaign going on that is more aggressive than past years or is it just getting coverage? Seems like more and more obscure stuff.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
ACLU is pro Moslem........

The ACLU seems to be rabid to the point of stupidity on the topic of being anti-Christian.Any other .......pursuasion.......seems to be ok with them though.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
If I recall correctly, the LA city seal thing was a head-shaker for even arch-atheist ACLU-member me, basicly a move to incur a very signficiant financial burden on the City of Los Angeles to remove a symbol of its origins as a mission. Were the cross not already on the seal, a move to put one on it would be equally stupid for precisely the same reason.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
magnus392 said:
Umm...why don't the ACLU fight for better education, better schools, and doing some good? There are a lot of good things that group could do with the money it has that does not involve some ANTI-(X) crusade.

What you said! I can see where the non-religious types could get their panties in a wad, but can we fight for better things? Like how about why our education system is strangled by special interest and administrators make salaries in the millions or close while teachers make squat and the kids don't have books while the buildings are crumbling. Not good enough for these ACLU crusaders though even when one could argue the public is not getting a good education therefore discriminating against many in the population.

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
I do think there is alot more of this going on in the last couple years, and seems like even more since the election too........ now Macy's wont let it's employees wish anyone a "merry Christmas", they must say "happy holidays" instead so they dont offend anyone! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
2Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Biblical teachings folks. Time to wake up. Revelation tells of the Battle of Armageddon, that destruction and death will be so great that the blood will run like a river even to the bridle of the horses. That we will not be able to bury all the bodies and the vultures will eat the dead bodies.

Over in Israel, vultures are starting to lay more eggs than they ever did. Almost doubling the amount that they use to lay 10 years ago. I can't find the link right off hand, but I'll post it when I do.

Makes a person think doesn't it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
We must slay the PC monster, in the good name of a grand ole lady, America.. For if our crusade is not victorious, she shall perish from the Earth..

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
The statutes requiring the taxpayer to pay for the ACLU to fuck us must be re-examined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts