1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senator Kerry Greets Muslims on Ramzan
John Kerry Campaign Office
Updated on 2004-10-17 15:58:38

Milwaukee, WI - John Kerry issued the following statement today as Muslims across America and around the world mark the beginning of Ramadan:

"I send my sincere greetings to Muslims across America and around the world who are beginning the fast for the holy month of Ramadan 1425.

"During this month of charity and reflection, we join you in praying for peace and understanding. American Muslims span nearly every culture and race and we honor and recognize the valuable contributions that Muslim Americans have made to our nation.

"Freedom of religion is a founding principle of our nation. American society and democracy are stronger when we welcome people of all faiths and traditions. America needs people of goodwill, and conscience, to come together and promote peace, as Islam teaches. True understanding and real progress can only come about when we are all willing to look beyond our differences and embrace our common humanity."

from Senator John Kerry, Democratic Presidential Candidate for 2004 Elections

The End.
http://www.paknews.com/specialNews.php?id=3151&date1=2004-10-17

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Custer said:
That is sort of the point, isn't it?
Sorry, Custer, I rather missed it. I happen to agree with you entirely.

Only thing worse than being GW is to be a wannabe GW.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do think it is funny that the left can pander to religions without sanction but the right can not.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Custer said:
I do think it is funny that the left can pander to religions without sanction but the right can not.
Yep. Also weird that when Muslims, Jews, etc., seek religious expression in the public arena that's called diversity but when Christians do it it's called oppression.

I think you're beginning to figure out part of why I refuse to call myself a liberal.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Yep. Also weird that when Muslims, Jews, etc., seek religious expression in the public arena that's called diversity but when Christians do it it's called oppression.
BINGO!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Yep. Also weird that when Muslims, Jews, etc., seek religious expression in the public arena that's called diversity but when Christians do it it's called oppression
Thanks Dzerzhinsky!!! We may not see eye to eye on religion, but it means a lot to me to hear you say that.

Doggone it though, looks like I'm gonna have to start liking you whether I want to or not. LOL (Just Kidding, Thanks)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I?ve said it before and I?ll say it again, I?m not religious at all, but I?m pissed that people want to remove God from everything in our country. Even though I don?t believe in God I can see how the belief in God helps millions, and these millions out number the jerks that want the removal of the mention of God in public. I don?t want to see the Pledge of Allegiance changed; ?One Nation under God? is fine by me and it?s OK on my money also. Like Dzerzhinsky says it?s called ?Diversity? if any other religious group or Gay defender group wants to have their agenda in our schools and taught to our children. But just mention God and suddenly they scream ?Separation of Church and State? and demand that whatever it is has to be removed and outlawed. We have done very well as a country and a people for the past two hundred years with the word God in our lives. We have been the freest and most giving of all the developed countries in this world. All of this happened because of a group of men that believed in God and in the God given rights of man. Their idea of diversity was to allow all of us to believe in whatever we want and not to force upon us a State religion or deny too us any religion. It?s Freedom of Religion not Freedom from Religion. We are all about to enjoy Christmas with our family and friends, but if these people have their way it will never happen again. In many towns around the country the politicians have backed down and removed trees, lights and any religious figures (Including Crosses) from public property at the demand of just a few jerks that can?t stand God or any representation of religion in public. Kids can?t say ?Merry Christmas? in our schools today; radio and TV stations have by policy stopped saying ?Merry Christmas? on the air. When will the millions of good people stand up and fight back to reinstate our Freedom Of religion.
Maybe we can use the anti-gunners line, ?Do it for the children? That should freak them out.

To all of you and your families, I wish you a Merry Christmas. Keep it in your heart and your minds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts