Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any C&R experts on the board?

I been wanting a C&R permit for nearly 9 months now but I keep putting it off because I believe we will be moving out of state... looking to relocate. However, I have been saying this for 9 months now. If I were to apply and get a C&R, how difficult is it to transfer it to another state/town? What if I moved while waiting on it? If I get the C&R and move, does the LEO of the new county need to sign it? What if it does not? Do I have to give up the items I aquired while holding the permit? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links, I will have to give this some serious thought. I'm wanting to get a Russian Makarov and I keep looking at the Swiss K31 too. They do not fit my US/Russian themes of collecting but it seems to be too good of a rifle to pass up.

Not to sound harsh, but what is of interest on crufflers.com? Looks like they post an article once a month but otherwise you have to pay them for any info you want. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Getting the license ammended to your new address is no big deal. I got mine and then was forced into a move less than six months later. You just fill out your forms (no additional money or anything) send them to the BATF, and a copy to the CLEO as you do the fiirst time, and then just play the waiting game. Usually takes about six weeks to get the initial license and it will probably take just as long to get the ammended one back after you send it in.
If you're not sure you're even gonna move, I say go for it and don't keep putting it off.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You also don't have to have your local CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer = most usually the Sheriff) sign anything. You just send them a copy of what the Feds get. General concensus is most CLEO's just circular file the stuff you send them, they don't really want the extra paperwork.

I, however, did get a call from a young lady from the Sheriffs office asking about my 03 FFL - wanted to know if I was selling ammunition or guns. I told her "no", this license only allows me to purchase Curios and Relics for my collection. Which further solidifies my belief that they don't really know anything about C&R licenses.

You can of course sell C&R firearms to others (even non-licensees if you get a copy of their drivers license) in order to "cull" your collection. Just don't make a business of it or BATFE will be contacting you. :eek: GG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts