Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came from my local FFL. He had a Remington US Gov issue 1911 for sale on co-signment. I looked perfect, maybe never shot. It was parked dark grey with wood grips...I think. Guy was trying to tell me it was easily worth $1200 but she just wanted $750. Is this a steal?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Was this a Remington Rand and not a true Remington. If it was a Remington Rand it was made by the type writer co. during World Was II. If it is a Remington Rand it should have brown Plastic type grips on it. I think it is a dressed up gun trying to be new again. :sorry:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to see it again, but I just remember seeing Remington stamped on it. I do not recall Rand being as seen in this pic.
http://www.vr-waffen.de/Museum/Pistols/Pistols_R/1313438_L.jpg

But is was a dark grey park color, not blued. The gun was stored in this smallish wood box and had a wrag wrapped about the gun. It look and smelled as if it had been like that for many many years. I believe I saw an extra mag in the box.

I may be going back to this guys place this week. Should I be looking for anything special?

·
Registered
369 Posts
That one in the picture is a Remington Rand pistol and not a Remington of the Remington Firearms co that makes guns today as we know it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts