Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in a CZ-52 from AIM this past weekend. It was one of the unissued without the "voz" stamp. Overall I am very impressed. This is my first pistol purchase using my C&R. Boy is the shipping high, $34 to be exact. Sure wish I knew some guys in the area that wanted to purchase one or another pistol so that we could split shipping charges. The pistol is in wonderful shape. It's the parkerized version almost a greyish-green color. The import mark is under the barrel. I called AIM and asked them about a smudge mark about 2 inches long under the barrel. I thought it was some sort of scratch that occured while they were stamping the import mark, but it turns out that this just happens while the pistols are on the racks which are stored in the original boxes they come in. So if you get one with a similar mark, this is how they all come. Overall satisfaction with AIM..wonderful. These people couldn't be any nicer and offer such great prices and wonderful firearms

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
I picked up the same pistol but from Lois at centerfire.

Condition is absolutely beautiful and it was packed in cosmoline. It was a bit of a problem getting the stuff out from around the firing pin. The trigger pull is horrendous. I have wanted one for awhile because I'd never seen a roller lock and it's much cheaper to see this lock on a $100 pistol than on a H and K.

Of course I can never leave well enough alone so I doubled the price of the pistol and ordered a 9 mm parabellum barrel.

It functions flawlessly with full metal jacket.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
AIM charges the same even if you pickup from their store.

The way to buy from AIM is wait for their shipping included deals. I live 30 mintues from AIM and have been there several times. I was a little disapointed when I found out pickup is the same price as shipped.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey sang I live about 30min from AIM too..I have bought several items,but never paid anything extra as far as shipping,usual stuff IE:tax, transfer (if not C&R)

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Byg said:
Hey sang I live about 30min from AIM too..I have bought several items,but never paid anything extra as far as shipping,usual stuff IE:tax, transfer (if not C&R)
Really? Custer said he same thing too since he lives here. He's been up there to pickup and paid the same as if he would have if it was shipped to his house?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know that they don't do that on ammo. However I haven't ever picked a gun up there so I can't tell you about that.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I'll have to check my last bill when I went to AIM in person, but I distinctly recall asking why I had a 15 dollar charge in the shipping column. I was told it was not shipping but a charge they tack on for getting the merchandise or something like that. I can not recall if it was a rifle, ammo or both....

Frankly, I was disappointed by that, complained politely but got nowhere.

I guess I can spend 5-10 bucks on gas to go there or just pay for shipping. My time is worth something and at least I can save that.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Charging the same prices even if you pick it up? That seems outrageous! Normally AIM does pretty well with their customer service and this would be a CS issue. I'm interested to hear what you guys find out. I sure wish I could just drive to AIM and pick up their 7.62x39 ammo and not have to pay shipping. They have or did have such a great deal on it! Come to think of it, I don't know if there is any place here in GA that sells firearms or supplies that I would need to supply my hobby with. Anyone know of any places in Georgia that I'm missing out on?

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
is any place here in GA that sells firearms or supplies that I would need to supply my hobby with. Anyone know of any places in Georgia that I'm missing out on?
Yo-

Georgia has got the best of the best. Every bit of S&B ammunition that comes in the country comes in through Dixie Shooters Supply in Blakely, Georgia. They are a ffl wholesaler only. They also handle large quantities of military stuff; not the size of Century but these boys are sizable. Bill Foster is the president.

The Tapco we all know and love is in beautiful Kennesaw Georgia-- the only city in America where gun ownership is mandatory. Buddy, the president has done several deals with Max, the renowned 7.62 by 39 of this forum.

Also in Kennesaw is Brigade Quartermaster run by the sons of the famous Mitchell WerBell, inventor and distributor of the silenced Mac 10. They don't distribute guns (the Feds got a little pissed at them) but they have numerous accessories.

Located in lovely Avondale Estates is RPB. Russell is the president. They handle an interesting collection of whatever Russell can get his hands on. They are a distributor of versions of the Mac and he gets bits and pieces of RPK's as well as some FN and AR stuff.

Norinco parts are distributed out of Atlanta by Poly Technologies, a division of Kengs Firearms. If your pre-Clinton Chinese AK gets sick, these are the people to know. Also you may one day decide you want a smooth dust cover or a spring for your firing pin. This is the only place I know of where you can get them brand-new.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does Dixie Shooter's Supply deal with C&R's? Also, I was aware of Tapco, but hadn't really had the chance to order anything from them yet. I may take the opportunity to go ahead and do this sometime soon. Does anyone know if you can pick items up from them. This would be a fun opportunity to check out their POB....and then consider picking up stuff from a GB and individually shipping it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts