Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought two Yugoslavian SKS's from Cole Distributing. I got the "shooter grade" ones. I kinda have mixed feelings though about them. One of them was what I expected typically with the shooter grade. It had a few nicked spots on the stock and their was some ware of the finish on the magazine box and a couple of other places. The other one had a pretty decent stock but the bolt, bolt cover, mag. box, and a few other edges had some light surface rust on them. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't expect it. I've talked to them and I think we're gonna be able to work something out. I've heard a lot of other good things from various sources. I guess I'm a little picky though! :dunno:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
I recently bought two Yugoslavian SKS's from Cole Distributing. I got the "shooter grade" ones. I kinda have mixed feelings though about them. One of them was what I expected typically with the shooter grade. It had a few nicked spots on the stock and their was some ware of the finish on the magazine box and a couple of other places. The other one had a pretty decent stock but the bolt, bolt cover, mag. box, and a few other edges had some light surface rust on them. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't expect it. I've talked to them and I think we're gonna be able to work something out. I've heard a lot of other good things from various sources. I guess I'm a little picky though! :dunno:
That sounds like shooter grade. Shooter grade covers a wide range of conditions from slight rust, nicks, dings, missing blue, and other things.

Don't forget that these rifles aren't usually picked through and if the cosmo is thick it will cover up rust and what not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My SKS from Coles arrived last Friday. It had one little ding on the left side of the stock. Other then that it was perfect. The barrel looked new. I am very pleased. It had quit a bit of cosmoline on it. I finally got it cleaned up and put back together last night. Hoping to take it to the range this weekend.

One question. When entering this in my boundbook, what do I put under manufacturer? Who made the Yugo SKSs?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well more than three weeks later after returning the Yugo SKS with surface rust(in a few different places)on it to Coles, I haven't heard anything. Along with the return, I sent an extra $5 to "up" the bluing %. I called them today, and spoke with Pam who I had been working through everything with and asked her about what had happened. She indicated to me that what they had originally sent out was an "excellent" Yugo SKS and they had no more "shooter" grade left. I then asked her if they were going to contact me about it, and she said she left a message. I let her know that I didn't have an answering machine. I also gave her my work number to reach me at, if she couldn't reach me at home. Anyways, to make a long story short, they are going to credit the cost of the Yugo and the money I sent, back to my CC. "From my dealings" with Coles, I don't feel like they have given me satifactory customer service. I know others have reported great things about their dealing with Coles and the firearms they have gotten. I don't feel like I got this, this time around.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Things could be worse!.

Don?t feel to bad about Cole?s, I?ve been trying to get an SKS (or two) from Interordnance for over a year and a half. I have placed orders four times and still no guns. I sat the one time for over three months waiting for them to ship to be told that they have no idea when or if they?ll ship at all. (seems to me they never make good on their sales) Last time I ordered was about Feb 1st this year and they told me they would be shipped on or about April 1st. I called on April 1st (April fools day, I should have known!) and was then told two more weeks. So I called back on the 15th and then they said that they had been shipped four weeks ago and that they came back as undeliverable. My first question was ?How did you ship them.? and she told me Fed X, Well Fed X is useless to me because my guy with the FFL only has evening hours and the Fed X depot is about 45 miles away so their gone by the time he opens. I reminded Interordnance of this because I had told them UPS (only six miles away and friends with my dealer) is the only way that they can be shipped and expect to make the delivery. I asked if they can call UPS??. NO! Can I call and have UPS pick them up??. NO! And now I find that over four weeks after the guns had been returned to them they still haven?t refunded my credit card the money. So after more than a year and a half I still didn?t get an SKS and so far I?m out $278.26 plus interest. That?s for two Yugo SKS?s and a Nagant M-38. I?m going to try to get my money back again on Tuesday if not I?ll go to my credit card company and file a complaint to recover what was charged and the interest I?m paying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts