Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A shot of two of my SA M7 Carbines. NOT!

This is actually a photo taken on "that other" forum by a poster named USMC03. With his permission, last Spring my friend Zoid Zodian downloaded his photo of two standard SA M7's with muzzle brakes and longer stocks.

Zoid then used Microsoft Paint to photoshop out the muzzle brakes and change the stocks from the longer SA M7 one to the shorter Warsaw Pact length of the SA M7 Carbine.

He then e-mailed a copy of the "doctored" photo to USMC03, who evidently was pretty impressed. I copied this photo to my wallpaper. It's a WAY BETTER photo of two SA M7 Carbines than I could ever get of my own rifles with my Dad's digital camera, even if it is a doctored photo.

I wanted to see if anyone could tell that this was a photo shop job rather than a "real" photo of my SA M7 Carbines. SangRun Hunter, in a private e-mail, ALMOST recognized this photo because of a post from months ago.

So now ya know!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, on my first attempt the image was too close to the maximum size and was distorted. I shrank the image, and it's better now. You probably saw my thread just as I removed the first attempt.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. You folks show me your AK's! (That goes for all of you). I look at the same black AK's all the time!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"I see," said the Blind Man.

Apparently, the bracketed IMG command makes all the difference in the world, no?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Instructions: (after uploading your photo to picyard)

Click on the photo to display the larger image.
Right-click on the photo and go to "properties"
Select (highlight) the address/URL portion that describes the actual picture
Right-click and click "copy"
Click the button for OK
Go back to your post
Click on the little image icon that looks like a mountain with a sun
right-click in the space provided
Click "paste"
Click OK

(I tried it and it worked; I just didn't display the photo again to save space).

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hey Lupe, which one of those are Buddy's?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just in case anybody's interested, here's a photo of the full-military equivalent of my Arsenal SA M7 Carbines in use by the Iraqi forces being trained by our military.

It's nice to know that I have the same quality weapon as the one in actual combat use (minus the full-auto selection, and muzzle nut, of course).

To give credit where it is due, I got this from the MIGETA (K-VAR) forum, of which I am also a member.

Here is the link:

http://www.k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1879

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks

Wow, thanks for posting the link, I have been searching for a reliable Photo host for a while.

SangRun Hunter said:
Major,

You need to get an account on our photo server then you won't have to re-size.

http://www.picyard.com/main/index.php

Not sure if you saw the other posts about this yet tonight since it was just released.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Stupid newbie question

Duh, what's the difference between the M1 and the M7?
5.45 - 7.62?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like wood on AK's. I plan on putting Ironworks Designs walnut stock set on my SA M-7. I already did on my Vector Arms AK.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts