Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Williams Shotgun 12 Gauge Slug Sleeve : Barrels at GunBroker.com

I wonder how this would work with a Saiga-12. Current bid only $5 so it may be worth trying it out. Is there the chance this could shoot off? The clamp looks rather snug with the three bolts.

I can't find anything about these, not sure if they would be good for a Saiga or not?

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Don't know, never seen or heard of this before?
Maybe it's one of those things that were made before rifled slugs were made for smooth bores?

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
I remember reading on them 20/25 years ago when I was SCATTERGUNMAN.
From what I remember they do put some spin on the slut to help stablize it.
Mossberg was the first to mass produce rifled slug barrels and I went with that.They say you must use sabots in a rifled slug barrel.The old Foster slug
will not benafit much from the rifling.
PS: When the 12ga rifled slug barrels first hit the streets,some thought the ATF
would shut them down.(High Powered Rifle over .50 cal):cheers:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I've seen the ads in old magazines. Basically, it was popular before threaded choke tubes became the standard. Polychokes were also popular, but required a gunsmith to install. These were a DIY proposition.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh, didn't work like we expected. Threw them all over the place! Was using Lee slugs with a normal wad, not sure how this would affect the results. Don't plan to try with non-wad slugs as I'm grouping well enough without them. 5" group of 5 shots at 50 yards :D

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
Most of my 12ga shotgun hulls are ACTIV and Winchester comp. formed plastic and I loaded them with 23gr of unique under a WAA12F114 wad
under a 525gr Lyman Sabot cast from WW from the used tire shop.This was a fold crimp rated at 1271fps.
Scattergunman quit shooting around 1990 when he fell for that evil young
woman with two kids.Bad marriage,got back into guns in 2004.X-wife gets out in
Feb,2011.
Below are rds I loaded around 1990.I need to fire them so I can load them again.:cool:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts