Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rio's drug warA small war took place last week in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, between Brazilian forces and hundreds of drug traffickers holed up in the shantytown complex dubbed Complexo do Alemão. After recent efforts by officials to pacify Rio's drug and gang-related violence ahead of the upcoming the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics Games, drug gangs struck out last week - attacking police stations and staging mass robberies. After days of preparation, Brazilian security forces launched a raid in the Complexo do Alemão, where between 500 and 600 drug traffickers were holed up. At least 42 people were killed in the violence last week, with security forces taking control of many neighborhoods. A relatively low number of arrests were made, and authorities warn of further conflict as continue to flush out more suspects in Rio's maze of favelas. (40 photos total)

http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousmetals.yuku.com/topic/13442/t/Rio-s-drug-war.html

Reactions: Tommo

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
My childrens foster parents went there for holiday last week.I wonder if they knew there would be trouble?I think there due back today.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would like to know what type of gun the first two ( fore front) have in this photo ?
black blade,
nice find, I did not even know this happend, not that the Brizal gov. would like it posted all over the world. muttman

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,782 Posts
Looks like there are more cameras then rifles in the first picture

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
My Caitlin called and I asked if the foster parents saw any gun shooting.She said they wont be back until Dec9th.

·
Nanook of the North
1,010 Posts
Great pics of some fine firearms still serving a useful life.

·
Registered
472 Posts
awesome pictures, i never even knew this was happening, thanks CNN, for only telling us about the kids you dropped off at the pool in the morning

·
Registered
270 Posts
What happend to Carnival!

Rio looks like a war zone.!

·
Where's my lathe?
1,104 Posts
Umm, WTF?!

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
i saw on the tube the other night where the gang-bangers were shooting down government helicopters with something--

probably FALs ---

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Favelas are rock hills in Rio that even the police wouldn't go into when I was there a few years back. The maps of the city didn't even show the roads in them. There is no underground septic because of the rock base so the smell is notable. They feed on the adjacent city like Morlocks. I wondered what the city would do with them for the soccer match. With 20% of the city population there, it'll get alot more interesting.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
FAL's have always been popular in South American countries as well as in Africa, most of the military and police forces still use them as issue guns. There a design that is still in use ,,years after being introduced,,why not,,,there a GREAT GUN!!!!

Kick my ass I sold mine!!! GERRRRR It had been worked and I used to shoot crows @ 600 yards with 168 internationals with it,,,,,,,no prob!

POOF ,,,GONE !!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting! I'll be down there for a week the end of September doing a presentation. I'll see if I can get some good pics.

I saw older Yugo AKs in Peru. I thought that was kind of an odd weapon to see there! Several P90's with some of the special security groups.....but those guys didn't want their pics taken.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts