Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could one of you guys mic one of your rivets and let me know the head size, diameter of the rivet and the overall legnth? I need to know so i can do some scrounging at work..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Depending on what your building the rivet sizes vary. This is due to the different front and rear trunnions that are available. About the only rivet that is consistant with all builds is the triggerguard and centersupport rivets.

I have provided pictures of the rivets purchased in a group buy. The first is the front trunnion swell-neck rivet (it goes into the countersunk hole). The second is the long rear trunnion swell-neck rivet. The third is the triggerguard rivet. The one picture I don't have is the non-swell-neck front trunnion rivet. For that I have been using the McMaster-Carr P/N 97300A105 which is .272" head diameter, .112" head height, .496" OAL, and .153" shaft diameter. Hope this helps.

"Click on Picture to Enlarge"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, the place where i work uses a lot of Rivets..so i hope some of them are the same as i need..if not..i'll bum some off scubadvr..haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the specs on the K-Var Bulgarian rivet sets at home. I thru a set of calipers at them the other day and ordered rivets based on those demensions. When I get home tonight I will post the specs to all the rivets in that kit.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The kit i have now is an AMD-63 Hungarian..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here are a few measurements. Rivets will varry a bit, these are not set in stone but they will get you close enough. :thumbup1:

Optics rail rivets:

head diameter .265
body diameter .153
length .451
3 required

Bulgarian krink style side folder rear trunion rivets:

head diameter .247
body diameter .172
length 1.516
1 required

head diameter .249
body diameter .157
length .254
4 required

Trigger gaurd rivets:

head diameter .277
body diameter .156
length .313
4 required

head diameter .267
body diameter .153
length .245
1 required

Bulgarian front trunion rivets:

head diameter .250
body diameter .172
length .257
2 required

head diameter .274
body diameter .153
length .328
4 required

Hungarian AMD-65 front trunion rivets:

head diameter .274
body diameter .153
length .257
2 required

head diameter .274
body diameter .153
length .328
4 required

Bulgarian fixed stock rear trunion rivets:

head diameter .249
body diameter .157
length .254
4 required

Hungarian AMD-65 rear trunion rivets:

head diameter .247
body diameter .172
length 1.516
2 required

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
jnewt...

Nice information, I think that you posted this info before and of course I never copied it, then I couldn't find it. Now I have it. Thanks

"It is better to have the information and never need it, than needing it and not having it."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts