Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use the same rivet for the center support that you use for the rear trunion on an AMD 65 kit?
Thanks, Tobacco Man

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I guess it may depend on who you ask and what rivets they use. But as an overall general answer, I use the same rivet for the center support as I use for the rear trunnions.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some rivets from a 1 patriot group buy. I have a center support from DPH Arms. The long rear trunion rivet is larger than the hole in the center support though. Should I just drill the center support out to fit the rivet, grind the rivet down, or just thread the center support and use screws for just the center support in using #8-32 screws?

Thanks again, T M

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I buy my center supports and the centersupport rivets from K-VAR. Excellent products and the center support won't crush when squeezing the rivet.

It's the only center support and rivet I'll use.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Depends on the look you want. IIRC, the 1-pat group buy rivets are longer and thicker than the Tapco rivets. An easy way to use the center support bushing from Tapco and the 1-pat rivets(because they are longer), is to chuck the rivet up in the drill and then use a file on the outside while spinning the rivet. This should get you down to where you can use his rivets and the Tapco support. On the other hand, many guys make their own and thread it. If you do a search for "center support" you can find quite a few threads on this topic. Here's one from a while back that mbadboyz started that has some suggestions.

Click here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts