Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how to grind the rivets down inside the rec. to take the trigger guard spacer out. Any help would be nice at this time. Mod time is here!
TIA, Rob

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rob said:
I need to know how to grind the rivets down inside the rec. to take the trigger guard spacer out. Any help would be nice at this time. Mod time is here!
TIA, Rob
Easiest/Best bet IMO is to centerpunch the head of the rivet on the other side and use a drill almost the diameter of the hole. Why are you removing the triggerguard spacer/safety stop?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 Patriot-of-many said:
Easiest/Best bet IMO is to centerpunch the head of the rivet on the other side and use a drill almost the diameter of the hole. Why are you removing the triggerguard spacer/safety stop?
Not the safety stop, the spacer between the Rec. and the safety stop. It's how they made a funky single stack work in this gun.
I'm going to open it up to take a regular mag. and the spacer has to be gone in order for the trigger guard & mag catch to be in the right place to take a regular mag.
Rob

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I think I would do it from the outside. I would gring or file the head down a bit so I had a flat to drill into. drill into the center about half way through, then work your way up in drill size till you are allmost at the size of the rivet. then as mentioned above use a punch to tap then through. It may be best to grind the entire head off the rivet before punching rivet out if you can. grind or file slow and carefull and it will be fine.
removeing the crushed head from the inside will be dificult.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AK-74Freak said:
ahhhh let me guess, you are converting a SA-2000m to accept hi cap mags. I also have a SA-2000m and have done the same conversion. I used a 1/16" cobalt drill bit and drilled the trigger gaurd rivets out.
You hit it square on the head ! Please praytell, what all did you have to do ?
I know that I can do the work, but what should I do other than this ? Maybe like a simple 1) - 2) - 3) kinda deal.

TIA, Rob

Ps- which piston should I get from TAPCO for a USA part ? The E.G. gas tube I have is like a .25 inch to long to fit mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts