Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working up a load for plinking in a CZ SP-01. Materials to be used are RMR 124 grain thickly plated round nose, mixed brass, and Ramshot Silhouette powder. Did a push test for OAL and it seems 1.145 is ideal. This would also work out of my M&P 9mm. Looked up load data and Ramshot shows with that OAL of 1.145 using Silhouette, the closest is 124gr REM GS from 5 grains to max of 5.9 grains. I've read that RAMSHOT data is conservative and people usually load a little higher than max. Here is my test loads:

5.0 grains and 5.2 grains

Anyone have any input or experience with this load/setup? Please keep in mind this is for a CZ so usually OAL is shorter than most.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Thread has been moved to the reloading section. :)

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
No info, but interested in the thread.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I use Ramshot Silhouette for 9 mm. I load 6.0 grains with both 115 grain and 124 grain jacketed bullets for full power loads and proper function. The earliest Ramshot Silhouette load data was a bit mild because it was based on Winchester's Winchester Action Pistol load data. Winchester had just switched to transducer pressure measuring and their load data using it turned out on the mild side, before the newer pressure measuring equipment started being used properly.

Ramshot Silhouette is true handgun powder, not a shotgun powder that happens to have the right burning rate. It is low flash and is used in a lot of factory ammo and some non-canister versions have adjusted or changed burning rate for certain cartridges and certain loads.

I avoid current Winchester primers and usually avoid Remington primers. CCI primers are usually decent quality but Federal primers are the most reliable in handguns. If i want a hard primer I use CCI but for a light striking handgun I use Federal primers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts