Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:kL3b085R0kgJ:www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/2004/12/05/news/local/states/florida/counties/broward_county/cities_neighborhoods/miramar/10326417.htm+diaz+gun+robber&hl=en
Posted on Sun, Dec. 05, 2004_krdDartInc++;document.write('');http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/miamiherald.2004/miramar;kw=center6;c2=12;c3=05;c4=news;c5=local;c6=states;c7=miramar;c8=miramar_homepage;pos=center6;group=rectangle;ord=1102252855746?" target="_blank">http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/miamiherald.2004/miramar;kw=center6;c2=12;c3=05;c4=news;c5=local;c6=states;c7=miramar;c8=miramar_homepage;pos=center6;group=rectangle;ord=1102252855746?

POLICE REPORT

Robber sees victim's gun, runs away

A would-be robber picked the wrong victim in Pembroke Pines.

Pedro Diaz drove up to an ATM at the Washington Mutual bank in the 300 block of South Flamingo Road in Pembroke Pines about 10:30 p.m. Nov. 24.

While he waited for his money, a man wearing black clothing and a black ski mask approached him from the rear of his car and yelled, ``Give me your money.''

The robber placed his hand in his jacket as though pointing a gun at Diaz.

Diaz, who works at the Federal Detention Center in Miami and who was wearing a police uniform, drew his weapon, a Glock 23, and loaded a round into the chamber.

The robber ran to a white 2002 Pontiac Grand Am driven by another man.

He was not found during the police search that followed.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Trying to rob a cop?????

More bleach please.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
magnus392 said:
Haha...like someone robbing a donut shop!
Michael Moore would never allow that!:lolup:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
A friend of mine owned a gun shop in Santa Monica Ca., Pacific Cartridge, two guys came in to rob him, that was a fatal error on their part.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Many years ago, about 26, I had just gotten married, my wife was teacing a late class at the downtown campus of the college, at that time Downtown Miami was a high crime area and you didn't want to get stuck there after dark.

Anyhow, we had only one car at the time and I used to go wait for my wife to get out of work so we could go home, the parking lot was about 3 blocks away, so being a careful person, I always walked down the center of the street, so I could cover the whole area and always carried my 1911 in a shoulder harness. In this particular day we see two guys, one white, one black walking together on the sidewalk about 2 blocks away, about 1 block away they separate and approached us from different directions, you could tell they were up to nothing good, at about 10 feet away one of them says to me "excuse me man, you got a light?"....needless to say the lighter they saw was not what they expected, I've never seen two guys run so freaking fast in my life.....I could hear one of them yelling...."the man is crazy". I just stood there in the middle of the street gun in hand laughing my sucks off...my wife didn't find it funny though. Whatever they had in mind didn't work out.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Can't remember offhand where that originally came from.Seemed like a good place to "Whip it out" though..

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
They had a car-jacking problem here in Fla for awhile. One kid got left in the trunk of his car for a full summer day and got brainfried. Right around the same time another kid was killed for his custom pickup truck. The Feds passed a law making 'jackin a federal crime.

The first car jack after the law came into effect was in DC. Two dudes tried to 'jack a sedan.....driven by two FBI agents. They'd made a fatal mistake picking the wrong car. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts