Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what this pin is used for? It has a small groove on one end

Attachments

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
A pin with a groove in one end is usually the extractor pivot pin. The firing pin retaining pin fits into the groove to lock the extractor pin in place.

Examine your bolt and you should see how the firing pin retaining pin engages the extractor pin.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
he is correct.. also their is a couple other extras in the kit.. Another thing you may find is a donut shaped ring, this goes in the FCG to hold everything in position. if you put it on the wrong side it will not hold properly.. It has been a wile so I am scratching my memory but if you realy get stumped I can get my Romak and give more detail..

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the pin you have pictured is about 1/16" diameter, then it is for the bolt hold open that keeps the bolt back when the magazine is empty. There will also be a very small spring, and the actual piece that catches the bolt. They all fit into the center support just behind the magazine well inside the receiver. If this sounds like your part, I can put up a couple of pics that might help you see where it goes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure that's the pin for the bolt hold open assembly. That pin has a head on it like a nail. Could be that the head got sheared off though. God, I hope not though.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not the pin for the bolt hold open assembly. I already installed that. This one appears to be 1/8" or better in diameter. it also has a groove machined in to one end of it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I realy think you will find it is a bolt pin and thair is allready ONE in the bolt. JUST a spare.. the notch missing on the end is their to fit around and retain another part..look carefully at your bolt and the retaining pins in it you should find one in their ..

I could be all wet too I have been in the past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts