Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why wouldn't a Romanian RPK Trunnion work with a new Bulgarian RPK barrel? Can you think of any reasons? I can't, but that what someone told me today. I think he's wrong and may have said it specifically because of the current lack of commercially made RPK recievers, because he seemed to think that they would work fine with a new 23mm AKM trunnion. :rolleyes:

Taipan :chinese:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
IIRC the romy and Bulgy bbl journals are different.. The Bulgy is 24mm, and the romy is 23mm. But it can be done.. Bore the trunnion, or reduce the journal. maybe a littel of both???

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike, Its hard to get some answers on this one. I've also heard that it is 23mm so I don't know what to think. I need to call Mark Tucker at Coyote Gulch as he has biult a couple of these.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Use a dremel flapper wheel to remove a small amount of material from the trunion. Use fine grit, low RPM and measure OFTEN. Believe me, it removes material faster than you think... ask me how I know :D

Get it down to about .002-.001" undersize and press together like normal. Done.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'll pick up the barrel assembly then decide what sort of reciever to use. Since it is a Bulgie barrel a milled reciever would be proper, but going with a Coldsteel blank and a RPK trunnion would be cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts