Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't have size of my groups or anything like that. I managed to get out to the desert with some friends Sunday and go shooting. We only had about and hour and a half window of the day without rain, so we didn't get to do a whole lot. I did get to shoot my AK's in three different calibers though!! :thumbup1:
The RPK was pretty sweet, seems extremely accurate. No bench shooting here, just standing, prone and "squating". Took out numerous pop bottles and a honey dew melon at about 50 yards (I know not very sporting distance but its all this place allows for, and its free.) I had some FTE's that could be from several things but most likely a combination of those things. Not much to worry about, I think they will go away with more use. I have to say that the 5.45 in a RPK had more kick than I was expecting (which I was expecting next to none, silly me). I can see the benefit of firing prone with the bipod to keep rapid fired groups tighter. Standing rapid fire sent bullets all over the place, lol.
I like the uniqueness of having the underfolder RPK, but now I do regret not being able to scope it as I think it would be a very decent ranged weapon. Maybe I'll pick up an Ulitimak and put a pistol scope on it, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Looks good PT. What desert do you shoot in? Kind of off topic here, but when I lived in San Diego, I remember people talking about the Sahuaro's. That is one cactus you don't want to steel.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep Sahuaro desert, lots of prickly pear too.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also got out my Saiga .223 and Mean Green (the SAR1) that day too.
He he photo op.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Looks and sounds like you had some fun. I haven't been shooting in a while and your pics make me want to do just that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts