Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"...Republicans expressed reluctance Sunday that the White House replace Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, who has lost the confidence of some GOP lawmakers over the conduct of the war."

More at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6734506/

Oh, that's just a swell idea. Keep someone in whom you've lost confidence in charge 'cause you don't want to rock the boat.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
MSNBC said:
Rumsfeld's performance has come under criticism even from congressional Republicans, including GOP Sens. Trent Lott of Mississippi and John McCain of Arizona.
I don't really consider McCain a spokesperson for the GOP!!!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preacher said:
I don't really consider McCain a spokesperson for the GOP!!!
Point taken.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I think Congress should issue a proclamation condemning James Forestal for his failure to predict the German breakout which led to the Battle of the Bulge.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Strange D, I hadn't heard from ya for a couple of days. I thought you was mad at us.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Pogo said:
Strange D, I hadn't heard from ya for a couple of days. I thought you was mad at us.
Not at all. I have been reading the posts a lot and didn't think I had anything helpful or sarcastic to contribute. My laptop is on for most of the day and is sitting next to my recliner. I enjoy being here, its now being called a "refugee camp for intellectuals" by another gun forum. Hey, whatever!!!!!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
I enjoy being here, its now being called a "refugee camp for intellectuals" by another gun forum.
Gee, intellectuals, thank 'em for the compliment.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
Not at all. I have been reading the posts a lot and didn't think I had anything helpful or sarcastic to contribute. My laptop is on for most of the day and is sitting next to my recliner. I enjoy being here, its now being called a "refugee camp for intellectuals" by another gun forum. Hey, whatever!!!!!
That's too bad. There's a lot of good individuals over there. They aren't all like that - just enough to make it an unfriendly place as far as I'm concerned. I've experienced far too many unfriendly places in my lifetime.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Pogo said:
That's too bad. There's a lot of good individuals over there. They aren't all like that - just enough to make it an unfriendly place as far as I'm concerned. I've experienced far too many unfriendly places in my lifetime.
I know what you mean. I don't like to post there,much. Any post draws very nasty comments from somebody. It would be different if they just said they disagreed with you, but this is just plain F**k you and similar things. You can't defend a post against someone like that. They won't listen and I would be wasting my time.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
....F**k you ....You can't defend a post against someone like that.
Try something like this: There's more letters in your post than the number of your IQ!!! LOL

I've only went over there just recently to read and it didn't take me long to come back.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
There have always been good people over there and I even once got in a war at AR15 trying to defednd the good people.

There are good people every place even in Muslim countries I dare say. Even in drug infested rat holes we call the ghetto.

It's a comfort thing like the old couple that still live in the same house for 60 years in a neighborhood thet became a Hood.

People don't like change and what is funny is how people come over here in clumps or cliques with each other. It's no fun to go some place where you know no one or don't connect with like people.

Gunco will be here even if it means having to hit some speed bumps that slow us down. I don't think anyone ever thought it would get to this point so fast. We don't have 20 sponsors or 80,000 members, but we do have top notch info on building and a fair staff. I don't always like what people post or their opinions, but I'll respect them to say their peice unless they are insulting or threatening another member.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
Or the number of mispelled words in your post is higher than your I.Q. LOL!
And there's only 3 mispelled words!!!:lolup: :lolup:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strange Destiny said:
... I enjoy being here, its now being called a "refugee camp for intellectuals" by another gun forum....
Well, at least they're thinking about us.

I kind of wish I had just stayed with the weapons forums over there. I learned an awful lot on them, some exceptionally savvy folks at Brand X.

Stray from the weapons forums, though, and things get just way too weird. Attained compound weirdness when the thread I had begun about the weirdness was deleted by the admin.

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
But no one has said what is really important. Rummy doesn't work for congress or the GOP. He works for GWB and the man has said he is staying.

Nuff said!!!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I'm glad to see that Rummy staying has upset the anti-war crowd so much. :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The nickname "Rummy" does give one pause to have confidence in the Defense Secretary! Wonder who gave it to him?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts