Gunco Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
gunco irregular
3,614 Posts
Read one writeup (forgot where) comparing a SA-35 to several BHP. Don't know if it is indicative of all of the Springfield SA-35, but he found the accuracy to be not as good as the Browning made guns. The barrel to slide and slide to frame fits were looser than the BHP although he said the triggers were much better on the SA-35 than a stock BHP. I still want one, but wish they were polished vs bead blasted. The thing that gives me the most pause is the barrel to slide fit. I HAD a Springfield 1911 SS loaded 45 years ago. The gun looked fantastic and the side to frame fit was extremely tight. The barrel to slide fit was sloppy and it didn't shoot any better than a well worn Colt 1991A1 that would rattle if you shook it. It was also a PITA to clean because they rough abrasive blasted the inside in an attempt to hide the machine marks which made it a chore to clean. Sold it and got a Kimber SS Gold Match which shoots about as well as my buddies tricked out Gold Cup.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Most of the reviews I've read/watched state the gun is very tight and accurate, although as with any new release a few have had issues with their individual gun. I want one too, but i figure by the time the initial demand is satisfied and "street prices" come down a bit is the time to buy. Any issues should be fixed by then.

·
gunco irregular
3,614 Posts
Looks like they didn't get all of the blueing salt off of it when it was finished.

This guy had one with finish blems also, and extractor issues as as well.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
The few folks who had issues, especially with the safety not feeling quite right, usually report sending it back to SA and they get it back fixed in a relatively short time.

When we blued the gun was boiled in distilled water for at least 20 minutes after it came out of the salts to remove any hiding in cracks and crevices. Obviously commercial production has to move along quickly, seems like they should add a few minutes to their rinse cycle.

·
gunco irregular
3,614 Posts
In the last video the guy mentioned that the finish wasn't very durable although he mentioned throwing the gun.... Almost sounds like the blueing they use on the Remington express guns. Would be nice if they offered it in a polished blue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts