Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer is advertising the Saiga 20 gauges at $169 which seems like a screamin' good deal. Anyone here have experience with them? I remember paying $159 for my Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump 12-14 years ago, I've gotten alot of bang for my bucks on that one. I'm thinking a semi-auto Kalishnikov shotgun should be an equally good deal...

Been a few years since I've shot a 20 gauge but as I recall the only decent defense loads were #3 buckshot (not counting slugs, and no, overpenetration isn't a huge concern--with a shotgun--in my home) Any new developments on the 20 gauge scene in the way of defense ammo? This gun would be a great excuse to get into reloading, from what I recall 20 guage hi-brass used to cost a bit more than 12 guage.

Any thoughts/experiences regading these? Will the G2 work with these on a pistol grip conversion?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
I don't think it's gets much cheaper than that.
I couldn't agree more with that! Even if I left it factory stock I think it would be something I'd enjoy. Last time they offered them at this price my back went out and I was laid up well after the sale ended. If nothing else I'll go handle one tomorrow and see how she feels. I shot one of the .410's when they first came out and wasn't overly impressed, a 20 gauge is far more versatile and legal for deer here in Ohio.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here ya go:

Vance's Shooter's Supply
3723 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, Ohio
(614) 471-7353

OR

Buckeye Outdoors
I-70 exit 129B
Hebron, Ohio
I-877-266-HUNT

EDIT:It is o.k. to post this info isn't it?

I'm not plugging the dealer although I've had pleasent buying experiences with them in the past. If this info should be PM'd just let me know and I'll go ahead and delete the post.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe, the Buckeye Outdoors store is sweet ! Put's me more in the mind of a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop's store than the old Vance's location. No matter how you slice it, Cleveland Ave. lives up to it's namesake, I never go up there unarmed. There are 2 gunshops within 20 minutes of my back door, the smaller one is good for FFL orders but for anything else I just take a little more of a drive up to Buckeye.

BTW, once you take the exit you can't miss it, even if you're bad with directions, it's that big! Less than a minute from the freeway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Evil_WalksII said:
A local dealer is advertising the Saiga 20 gauges at $169 which seems like a screamin' good deal. Anyone here have experience with them?

Any thoughts/experiences regading these? Will the G2 work with these on a pistol grip conversion?
Not a 20gauge but here is my Saiga 12gauge.I think i paid $229.00 at Centerfire a few months back.You will want to use a single hook FCG.

·
Registered
249 Posts
:bawling: Too Far Away :bawling:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too Sweet!

Pointer said:
Not a 20gauge but here is my Saiga 12gauge.I think i paid $229.00 at Centerfire a few months back.You will want to use a single hook FCG.
I figured we'd be seeing a few converted Saiga shotties. I did go handle the 20 gauge this past saturday and it felt pretty good. It felt about like any other empty semi-auto bird gun I've ever handled, I'm sure a loaded mag would have put a little more balance in the overall package. I didn't commit to one though, I got the impression the same sale might run again as it's the third time they've run that price on the 20's. Ammo selection for the 20 still lacks compared to 12 gauge, think I'll chill on the idea until I do a little more research. For the price I don't think a person could find a nicer pump shotgun with an all weather stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts