Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have trouble with their Saiga 410 jamming? I have the 410 x 76 mags and they?re supposed to work for 2 ?? & 3? shells but a full half of the shells jam. They smash into the right edge of the chamber where the clearance for the extractor is. It really crunches the end of the casing up. I?ve been trying both the S&B steel cased slugs that are 2 ?? and some Remington 3? rounds, both feed the same way with about 50% getting smashed, Any ideas out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd defenitly try a differant magazine for starters.
Any one know who still has Siaga .410s? I'm looking for one and have not seen any in my area.

Mack M.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have three other mag?s that I?ll try as soon as the weather lets me, maybe the one I?ve been using is bad and doesn?t hold the shell quite right, I?ll check that out. Thanks for the help guys.

I bought my .410 Saiga ($149.99) from CDNN Investments down in Texas just a few weeks ago. (Yes the one I?m having trouble with) Here?s their number, 1-800-588-9500 ? Fax 325-695-4898 Give them a call, they?re a good company to deal with. They also have the magazines for the 7.62x39, 20ga, and the .410 all on sale for only $9.99ea. Better buy a few at that price.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
I saw a post SOMEWHERE that the magazine does that sometime. The ghetto solution I saw was someone took JB weld or a similar epoxy and put a little bead on top of the paper plug to make it feed better. Clever, tedious for more than a few rounds but it should work. Obviously you can and SHOULD NOT do that for a crimp-style round, only the plug style rounds can do this... just a thought...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe that one type of magazine is for 3" shells and a different type for 2 3/4" - this is based upon my hazy memromy of a few years back when I bought a .410 Saiga.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem years ago but never came up with a solution, so dumped it. But now I wonder if fab' a feed ramp like that needed for saiga 7.62 & 223 to use high cap. mags would solve your problem. Can't see in your pic nor can I remember how the feeding was done on the .410

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It doesn?t really have ramps; it has two guides with flat faces at 3 to 6 o?clock and 9 to 12:30. Shell hits at the Ejector recess (See red arrow) and gets crushed into the sharp edge at that point. I?ve tried all four of the mag?s (All 410X76) that I have and got the same results. I had someone tell me they thought the mag springs are too strong and that it will most likely get better with use. I don?t think so, I feed a shell slowly with the top cover off and man does that shell snap up and into place when the rim clears the track in the mag, looks good to me. I did notice that there is a bit of hesitation as the bottom of the bolt passes over the hammer, it presses very hard on the bolt and I see I don?t have any grease at that point, that?s not like me to forget to lube a gun. I?m going to grease it and take it out and give it another try, I think the hesitation may be screwing up the timing a bit. I?ll post again if it helps.

P.S. New problem, I found that the bolt is hitting the Ejector. I had the gun apart to lube it and noticed a shinny spot on both the bolt and the tip of the Ejector. It?s kind of like you built an AK-47 on a Vulcan receiver and forgot to grind the ejector back from its AK-74 length. Looks to be about .015 to .020 too long.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I may have fixed the problem. Like I said in my last post I found that the ejector is so long that the bolt hits it. I stripped the gun and then pulled out a diamond file and removed just enough of the ejector so the bolt would clear and then cleaned and re-greased the beast. Tonight just as the sun was setting I went out behind the barn with two full magazines to try it again. I fired both magazines in about twelve seconds and she wanted more, tomorrow I?ll run two full magazines of slugs through it and see how well it goes with them. Man I hope this was all that was needed because I?d like to change it over to pistol grip configuration and don?t want to put a bunch of money into it if it won?t function correctly.

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
I must be living right. I have an S-410 that feeds both 2-3/4" and 3" Barnaul, Rem, Federal, and S&B shells from the five $9.99 2-3/4" mags that I bought from CDNN back in November. I think I've had one FTF in maybe five-six boxes of shells.

Gonna have to look at that ejector anyawy; thanks for the tip, Oldgunner

Noah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a SAIGA-.410

I've been have really bad jamming issue too. Sorry if I came in to the post a bit late. I just joined and wanted to say hello. It's jamming about 3/4 times :(

It came with 4 of the 410X76 mags, I'm not sure if thes mags are the issue or not. I was thinking og giving the weapon a good cleaning and see if that helps. A friend has also told me that my Mags may be bad too.

I've been using Remington and Winchester and they seem to jam about the same. The 1st shot takes a bit of getting into the chamber when I draw back on the bolt. The second one seems to get stuck in the mag and the top lip of the round seems to get dented.

That is all I can think of right now, but thought I would throw it out.

-Epocha

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have one of the 1st .410 shotguns that were imported by Big bear and it's only rated for 3 inch shells. the newer models that have the adjustable gas block come with 2 seperate magazines. One is for 2.75 and the other is for 3 inch shells.

·
AK addicted gunaholic
695 Posts
These shotguns do have issues with mags and types of shells used. Saiga.com forums are very helpful. Seems that all the guns need a little "break-in" time. Heavy field loads or slugs work, some polishing supposedly works too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I think I got it figured out. When I bought my .410 it came with 4 (4) magz. I lightly sanded the inside where the channel leads the shell up. There was some chips that where created when the shells jamed.

The next thing I did was changed shells from the 2 1/2inch to the 3inch and it works like a champ!!!:thumbup1:

I ran about 75 shells through it with out any jams!!!!! Before it would jam about every third shot.

I found the .12ga version in a local gun store, but think they are asking to much. $550 Any idea if that is too high?

Comes with one mag only I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts