Gunco Forums banner

Sar-1

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  sdcromer 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post a pic (well, maybe brag) of my 2003 SAR-1. I bought this rifle about a year ago from Ohio Rapid Fire for $349.00. I had them repark it as well before I even brought it home as we all know that the original finish is not all that great on most of them. I wish I would have gotten all three that they had. I just recently bought this Russian stock set for it, geez I have been looking forever for the right deal on this stuff. Talk about hard to get, sheesh. Also in the pick is a Russian bayonet..nice !!!
Well, here it is.. Whatcha think ? :smoke:

See less See more
#2 ·
That IS something to brag about!!! That furniture is sure pretty and really looks good with the rifle and bayo. NICE!!!!!!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

#9 ·
Nice looking weapon!

And, droog, after seeing yours I'm considering picking up a Romy folding stock. Wouldn't care to use it all the time, but I presume it's easy to remove and replace.

My standard advice for anyone with a Romy AK is to invest in a quality US-made fire-control group (FCG) and not presume they'll still be available when that shoddy Century FCG ultimately craps out entirely on you a few years from now.

#13 ·
Thanks guys ! The Polish PMKMS still runs the same as it did when it was built....smoooooooth. i recently took the wood off this SAR-1 and put some plum plastic on it. I know, I know it looked good on there but I just bought a '74 kit. I will put the Russian wood on that where it belongs :headspin:

#14 ·
Here's my SAR-1

2002. I threaded the muzzle using wjm's rental kit and added the US made slant brake from Global. Added the bayonet lug using AtLarge's add-a-lug kit. Since this picture, I've applied semi-gloss black Molyresin.

SDCromer - who's looking for any reason to post pictures of his AK's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.