Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally I'd planned to pass it up because I like the original George Romero film so much, but a couple friends saw it Friday and dug it.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
286 Posts
SkullFarmer said:
Originally I'd planned to pass it up because I like the original George Romero film so much, but a couple friends saw it Friday and dug it.

Anyone else?
I went and saw it with one of my kids on Friday night. For the most part it was funny. When you think about it, it was not too gory all things considered. I think the creepiest parts are in the trailer myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rule .308 said:
I went and saw it with one of my kids on Friday night. For the most part it was funny. When you think about it, it was not too gory all things considered. I think the creepiest parts are in the trailer myself.

Yeah, that's usually the case. The music selection for the intro credits was perfect. I had a couple of minor problems, but overall I dug it.

Just remember, if there's any situation that calls for serious fire discipline, it's flesh-eating zombies. :biggrin:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pantera said:
Do they still hold true to the old one and barracade themselves in the shopping mall?
Yup, still in a mall. It's more of an action-fest than a social commentery a la the Romero classic, but it was still thoroughly entertaining.

I still prefer the Romero original, but I'll probably buy this one when it comes out on disc. I loves me some zombies.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Okay, I did it. I saw "Dawn of the Dead" last night. I let a buddy talk me into going with him. Very intense movie. You definitely have to enjoy that genre to appreciate it. I surprised myself when I actually enjoyed it. Then this morning he calls me up and said he just got back from renting the original "Dawn of the Dead" and would I like to come over and watch it? So I saw that one this morning. Then tonight he says that he also rented "28 Days Later." So he, my wife, and I, watched yet ANOTHER zombie movie this evening.

I dun been a zombie watchin' fewl lately.

PS - Movies don't normally scare me, but I have to admit there were a couple of scenes in the remade "Dawn of the Dead" where I found myself instinctively reaching for my Sig 45 that I always keep tucked in my belt. It was mega intense in parts. I just about double-tapped that silver screen. Whew... :scared: It's just a movie, It's just a movie, It's just a movie...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts