Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dues anyone have pictures of a Underfolder with a side mount scope bracket? I'm very shire it won?t fold with scope on it but mine is fixed open anyways. What is the LxWxH of a regular bracket? What material is the bracket made out of Steel or Aluminum?

I think this will require a special bracket for this application. But dues anyone make something like what I?m looking for?

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/media2/bmp102.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
You can put the rail on the side of an underfolder. You will have to remove some metal from the inside of the stock.

Why dont you "unpin" your underfolder?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fargo said:
Why dont you "unpin" your underfolder?
Michigan has a stupid Law that if a rifle is less than 26 inches it?s considered a SBR. If its less than 30 inches it must be registered as a pistol.

The problem with the regular mounts they seam to be to long (from pictures) and will run into the hole for the folding stock maybe I need to take a look at things again.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Anytime man:) There is also the top cover scope mount...I was told after I bouht it by a buddy that is was crappy, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. IF you are using a red-dot I would think it would work well too, and it is only $20.00 from Tapco.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Top cover scope mounts are another mount that will end up in your junk drawer.

I would wait and try the new TDI mount. Blackjack will have some soon.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Fargo said:
Top cover scope mounts are another mount that will end up in your junk drawer.

I would wait and try the new TDI mount. Blackjack will have some soon.
You are right...I have it around here somewhere...a drunk munkee could retain a better zero shot to shot that the one I had on. If they work for you dat is cool, you have more game than I.

I am also interested in mount a siderail to an underfolder, anyone here done it and have pics?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made a block with a rail on top that replaces the rear sight. It works reel well but you don?t have the option of irons and its kind of hard to mount. I wish I had pickers to show.

magnus392 said:
You are right...I have it around here somewhere...a drunk munkee could retain a better zero shot to shot that the one I had on. If they work for you dat is cool, you have more game than I.

I am also interested in mount a siderail to an underfolder, anyone here done it and have pics?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
...a rail is really only about a quarter of an inch thick, isn't it? It won't clear the folder?

What if you mounted your rail high enough to clear the folder and just used a low profile bracket/mount? Like the ones the Yugo's use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts