Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a TIG welder, so this is my fix for a large gap between the trigger and selector, allowing the hammer to release even when it's in safe. I used an original Ace Arms blank and template so I don't know if the template was the problem and/or if they've fixed it in their newer template.

All I did was use a small piece of my 1"x1" 4130 square tubing I use to make rails, drill and tap a hole for an 8-32 button head that was shortened to become flush with the other side of the hole.

The only problem with this method is that you have to put the selector in first before you screw the piece on because the whole thing won't fit through the selector hole (so no JB weld :( ), but I'm sure it could be modified to fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Excellent modification!

Did you use a little LocTite Blue removable thread locker? You would not want that screw coming out at the wrong moment would you?

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right Thumb Clip,I suppose I should put something on the threads. I really don't plan on removing it very often.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Thats a great idea for the welder challanged folks...Thanks for sharing it with us...

Internet boards are the shit......

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Remarkable fix!!!!

But I just though of this, how about trying to silver solder a piece of steel on that part (I mean the stub that hits the disconnector). I use Fusion silver solder, the flux is already mixed in. Remove the finish, smear on the Fusion, heat until the solder flows, air cool and your done. Oh, I use a propane torch unless the metal is really thick then you could use oyx-acetelene or MAPP with oxygen in the little bottles.

The only down side is that the silver solder won't take bluing or phospahte coatings. But hey, you could use the heat type paint.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't think of soldering it.... then it would fit through the selector hole. of course then I'd have to learn to solder :) But I do have a MAPP+OXY setup so maybe I should give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Hey, no problem, were all here to help and make suggestions.

I still try and practice soldering before I do a job just because I don't do it that much. Like they say, "Practice makes perfect".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts