Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a post awhile back on installing the selector switch on my "vulcan" receiver.
A few replys to the post said that the selector hole on the vulcan receiver may be out of place and need to be fillied down.
well check this out, A little patients I foogeld with tha assembly and realized that in order for it to be set properly the switch had to be installed before the disconnector catch. It friggen worked! And no cutting or filling or operation to the selector hole was needed.

Sooo...If your having the same problem with your build try this before hacking at your brand new receiver.
1st-Install hammer pin,hammer spring,and trigger.

2nd-Install selector switch and set it in the fire position.

3rd-(The tricky part) install disconnector,disconnector spring and pin at the same time with slowly positioning the selector untill it lines into position.
There is extremely very little room to work! It took me 4 trys before getting the spring to line up with the trigger hole itself. Be carefull, that S.O.B will pop out and shot across the room (Thanks to my cat for finding it).
It took me about 6 smokes and 3 beers before installation was complete.
So be patient, it could work for you.
If not.....Get out the file and hack away But I would ask around for a little help first.
Hope this helps.....Shadow

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
LMAO Shadow! I am having some trouble with my ACE blank with some similar problems. I think I drilled the hole for the selector too low. I will have to try this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A tip to keep the spring in place is to use a bit of plumbers putty in the hole and then put in the spring. It will hold it in place and keep it there while not interfering with the operation. Try it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts