Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made -the rear sights from a yugo M-92 ? to use with the 104 front sight converson as to use on a AMD , Krinkov Pistol Converson - ? - all input welcome -Thank You, Conley

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
"with the 104 front sight converson as to use on a AMD , Krinkov Pistol Converson - ?"

HUH? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
all you have to do is press on the henge block instead of the rear sight block and you can install the krink dust cover with the sight, but the rear kink sight SUCKS, might look ok but you loose and ability to have accurate sights, but if you added a HK or AR type site on it then that might be pretty nice

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steelcore1964 - I am looking at -use the OLD rear sight block and top cover -make a rear sight like the M-94 as it looks about 1inc.longer than the Krinkov - yes - i like the ideal of the HKor AR rear sight - to put in the channel - have the looks and funktion. Thanks for the input -all input welcome - Thank You, Conley

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
if you did that, then you would have to do something about the old rear shight, and you would have to worry about the dust cover moving around and loosing zero so you would have to "fix" the top cover somehow. I think the henge block would be the way to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking on henge type useing the old rear sight bolck, and spot weild the yugo sight to the old top cover .i will work like the Krinkov type top cover - - yes -homemade Krinkov type top cover -all input welcome - Thank You, Conley

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Front sight:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK74/sight_block.htm

Shouldn't this be in the AK-47 Projects forum?

WRT the home-made Krink rear sight, you should be able to do it with a 1" square steel tube. Use the dremel, earplugs, and lots of patience to get it cut into that shape. That will get you the main part, and then you still have to install a sight apeture. The Krink uses a non-adjustable peep apeture with two settings like on an Uzi or M-1 Carbine that is set to 100- and 150 meters. Again, a piece of the 1" square tubing (the discarded section) could be used to make this. You'd need a nubbin or spring steel tab or "something" to lock the apeture in place. Then make all of the adjustments with the front sight post like any other AK. Just don't get sloppy on your welding, because if the front sight post is welded too far away from top-dead-center, you may not be able to zero!!!

Steelcore is 100% correct, that Krink sight design WILL NOT hold zero without a hinge block. FYI, the pin for the hinge block is the same that holds the rear sight block in place. You can get them from McMaster-Carr. You could even use a 3/16" rivet I think.

The Krink's rear hinge block is a bit more complicated as it also holds the gas tube in place. There's a pin longer than the hinge block that, when closed, is pushed forward by the front of the top cover just enough to enage the gas tube and lock it in place. THAT is why you don't see a gas tube retainer lever on a Krink.

Now that's all talking about the Krink. In htat photo, it looks like that gun's hinge block is about the same, but it is hard to tell w/o more photos.

Are there any other photos of the yugo M-92 available??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HCpookie & Steelcore64 = Thanks for the input = mayb -Shouldn't this be in the AK-47 Projects forume -looks like it might -just found a place to post it -soory if in wrong place - on the rear sight -looking at useing the old sight block - trying to make a CHEAP Clone Type , like an AMD 65 Kit and rework it ? Hc pookie -Think you have one outstanding Web Page !! All input welcome. Thank You , Conley

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
You know that diagram appears to be drawn incorrectly! Look closely at the hinge block, then at those pics. The hinge block in the pic looks like it is too high. It would not engage the gas tube the way it is drawn. Looks more like a Krink hinge block.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HCpookie - yes drawn incorrectly - the block is blocking the line of sight - I am looking a at a Z hindge -that would replace the org -rear sight - make it a little longer and row it over a pin. the top cover would hindge that way. Yes the Z hindge looks like it would work - even if you used the Galil type rear sights ? Looks like a nice little project . all input welcome - thank You, Conley

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Not sure I follow the Z-hinge, but if you notice the original it is just a normal gate style hinge - nothing fancy. If you use a normal RSB then you wouldn't need that plunger pin - you could just use a normal hinge.

I think any rear sight would be useable - you could use a big chunk of a 1" square tube and dremel it to be shaped into "ears" like an Uzi rear sight and rig up a sight that is very similar to those peep rear sights like a Kreb's (I think) or like an AR rear sight. Tack weld or braze it on and you're set!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hcpookie - The bolt hold open safety selector lever - looks like we will have to make a clone of it :thumbup1: Thank You , Conley

1 - 20 of 20 Posts