Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a couple years ago before I started building AK's, just thought I would share it.

I was in Deleware, Ohio at an outdoor shooting range. My wife and I got out of the car with an AK-47 and AR-15. Lots of ammo and mags. We walked inside to pay, with the AR sling on my shoulder in full view, I asked the man how much to shoot. He responded with "5.00 per person". I paid the man $10.00 and proceeded out back. I went down range and hung a target on the metal post, and returned to the chair up range. My wife sat down as I started to insert my first 30 round mag into my AK. I stood up and fired a quick 5 rounds, paused and then continued to empty the mag into the target. As I was loading my second mag, a man down range was screaming at me saying "what do you think your doing"? I responded with "What the hell are you doing down there". I thought before I started how weird it was for a local business to be that close to an outdoor shooting range. The man got in his truck and left. As I began firing the second mag, the man from inside the shooting range that I paid came out and started yelling at me....."wooooo....woooooo....hey man...."this is an archery range, not a rifle range"! I packed up my weapons and headed inside the building....He turned around and refunded my $10 and I got the hell out of there. My wife and I were scared as crap. I could just see the headlines in the morning! Was the man that stupid not to see what I carried in his store to shoot with? He did say that they did allow some hand guns too.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I would bet getting out was a good idea...maby nobody knew what you had by name AK .... screw em ... rite

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
That is a great story! I'm laughing just picturing the guy freaking out as you empty a mag.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah....my wife was scared and I couldnt help laughing when the guy came up to me with both hands waiving in the air! We left with a refund, was the greatest part. I can tell you that we did burn some tires on the way out as well.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Remind me to never invite you to the Duck shoot at the local fair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts