Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the December 6th issue and I have mixed feelings. They went glossy with stories for the first half of the mag, then they have the traditional SGN format. I do love reading the stories, but I also really like browsing the ads. This one does have a fair article on an Iraqi SVD type rifle called the Al Kadesih. It show what our boys are up against. Anybody got any comments or feelings on this??
UnderFolder

·
Registered
508 Posts
Last SGN I picked up was in October and it had the same glossy/newsprint format. I liked the new style. That issue had a decent write-up on the Romanian SSG-97 in .308, I preferred the glossy color pics to the old newsprint. Definitely gonna have to pick up a new one to check out the Al Kadesih article. :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
They keep going back and forth.
Most issues are still newspaper type, but occasionally they use the glossy.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I think they do the glossy one, once a month. I subscribe to the magazine, and will get a few of the regular ones, and then about every 3rd or 4th issue it will have a glossy section. It's been that way for almost a year now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I always loved SGN. The print always rubbed off and got all over my fingers which would ultimately be transferred to my shirt. I haven't seen the glossy pages yet. They must be movin' on up, but I kinda hate to see the traditional low-budget idea go down the tubes.

:drunk:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Pogo said:
I think they do the glossy one, once a month. I subscribe to the magazine, and will get a few of the regular ones, and then about every 3rd or 4th issue it will have a glossy section. It's been that way for almost a year now.
I would have to agree. It seems one of the issues every month is glossy. At least that is the way it has been since I started a subscrtiption with SGN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts