Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up at my local gun store. Really love the feel of it and after a round of sporting clays I have found that I shoot it well. So I just started looking around for other similar guns and have found very few side by side shotguns in the stores. Mostly autos and over under. So I am wondering did the the side by side go out of favor and if so when and why?

View attachment 55039
View attachment 55040
View attachment 55041

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh boy , you got a good one didnt you , well done , they are higher end , that piece is magnificent

when the pump came along the double barrel started to lose favor because of capacity, it stayed alive due to 10 ga in my opinion because it was a popular goose caliber , and was too powerful to do in a pump mainly because of the punch and moving parts , 12 ga were still being made as well for the stubborn , when the semi auto came along , again a capacity and with the added ability to rapid fire with nothing more of the squeeze of the trigger stung the double barrel again , over and unders will always be in favor for competition skeet , high end shotguns as well , eaisier to track the clay pigeons

·
Registered
101 Posts
something like that should be passed down as a heirloom , my buddy is into the shotguns , from what i remember there are 2 grades to that maker , the lower grade can start at several thousands and the more expensive can go for big money

·
gunco irregular
3,461 Posts
Nice looking shotgun! Growing up most of my uncles had side by side 12ga. Grampa was the first to break away and get an 1100 in the 60's which eventually made it way to me. My boy has the only double barrel in our family, a Spanish made 28ga side by side. Nice and light but with a better punch than a 410 for rabbit or squirrel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice looking shotgun! Growing up most of my uncles had side by side 12ga. Grampa was the first to break away and get an 1100 in the 60's which eventually made it way to me. My boy has the only double barrel in our family, a Spanish made 28ga side by side. Nice and light but with a better punch than a 410 for rabbit or squirrel.
28 ga , a well over looked shotgun

·
aka: SDK1968
7,780 Posts
great looking old gun. lots of people still get DB's for collecting, but very few actually use them now days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts