Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like a 2 stage trigger the best because I can tell when it is going to go off when I pull the trigger.

I have 2 AKs that have single stage triggers that are very smooth, almost to smooth and it is hard to tell sometimes when it is going to fire.

What do you all like the best?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with you. I have an FSE trigger group that it 2 stage and I really like it. I just received two Tapco G-2 trigger groups that are really nice but are not 2 stage. However, they seem to have a shorter pull and break at around 3.5-4 lbs so they are still really nice.

I regularly shoot Glocks and I like the triggers on them. I thing that being used to them is why I like the 2 stage pull.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I am used to the single stage (having Gtech G2 and the tapco G2 fcg's in my AKs). Sometime down the road I would like to get a redstar arms fcg to try out as a 2 stage setup.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I used a RSA in my very first AK build, all the rest have been G2's.

Truth be told, the RSA is the best AK trigger on the Planet, but at $85 a copy I just can't justify the expense.

It's not really the price of the FCG itself, Hell, I paid over $200 for the Jewell trigger in my varminter.
But the AK is not, and never will be a bench rest rifle.

I look at it like putting a Z rated tire on your Yugo. What good is a 200 MPH tire going to do you on a car that will only go 80.

Bottom line, I see no difference in group sizes between the RSA, fantastic trigger and the G2 excellent trigger, both of which are light years ahead of the stock military trigger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
bigblock said:
I like a 2 stage trigger the best because I can tell when it is going to go off when I pull the trigger.

I have 2 AKs that have single stage triggers that are very smooth, almost to smooth and it is hard to tell sometimes when it is going to fire.

What do you all like the best?
In boot camp we were taught that suprise is a good thing, that way you don't anticipate the shot and are therefore more accurate (no jerking the trigger, flinching, etc. ). Everyone has their own style, though. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I learned BRM in 1990 at Fort Jackson, SC. in the Army. :troops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts