Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a norinco SKS, new, not preban. I bought a pin on break and it blew off the first round, they sent me a replacement and again, one round and it was GONE. So they gave me a credit and I bought a twist lock break. it locks around the sight post and works fine. My question is dose this break have to be preminantly mounted?? I can weld it but do not want to if it is not required. if it matters I have done nouthing else to this gun no grip nouthing, just this break.

·
Registered
681 Posts
hmmmm.... Good question...
I just bought a brake for my SKS, and was wondering the same...
wanting desperately to install it and try it out, but not bad enough to get reamed by the authorities should it be ILLEGAL...
can anybody help?

????
:confused: :barf:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I bought one of the pin on brakes years ago and it has never missed a beat. If yours is blowing off on the first round and the twist off is staying put I would have to wonder if the pin on was jacked up and the bullet was hitting it on the way out. Were there any signs of impact on the POS model pin on brake?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could never find either one , long gone if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My question is dose this break have to be preminantly mounted??
No. Your barrel is not threaded and not able to accept illegal and evil flash supressors so your non permanent attachment method is perfectly legal.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hay thanks for confermation . I kind of thought that but was not shure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts