Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove all over the place trying to find a pair of boots today. I even drove to a farm store about 35 miles away, but can't find any decent ones my size. I'd like to get a set of Tony Lama or Durango, but heck, I can't even find anything locally. I wear a 13 triple E, and the clerks will hand me a size 12 D and say "try this on, it might fit". I almost feel like shoving my foot in there and ripping the boot apart when they do that. :rant:

Then, they always say "we can order them your size", but I want them now. If I'm going to have to wait on a pair being shipped, I'll just order them on the internet and save about 25%.

There, I'm done griping about it. :p
 

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
Joined
·
19,433 Posts
Pogo said:
I drove all over the place trying to find a pair of boots today. I even drove to a farm store about 35 miles away, but can't find any decent ones my size. I'd like to get a set of Tony Lama or Durango, but heck, I can't even find anything locally. I wear a 13 triple E, and the clerks will hand me a size 12 D and say "try this on". I almost feel like shoving my foot in there and ripping the boot apart when they do that. :rant:

They always say "we can order them your size", but I want them now. If I'm going to have to wait on a pair being shipped, I'll just order them on the internet and save about 25%.

There, I'm done griping about it. :p
We smaller fellers are tired of subsidizing you large guys.

I pay the same price for my 10D's that you are paying for those canoes you are wearing.
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem with shirts, coats, and gloves. I can usually find shirts and coats in a tall mans store, but have to pay quite a bit more. It's very hard for me to find gloves for my hands. I had several pairs of gloves custom made when I was in Korea. What's funny is when I went in this shop and showed my hands to the owner, he started laughing and called his wife over and said "look at big hands". :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,233 Posts
Damn........I'll bet you're a great swimmer flip.........'errrr...Pogo. :)
 

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
Joined
·
19,433 Posts
Pogo said:
I have the same problem with shirts, coats, and gloves. I can usually find shirts and coats in a tall mans store, but have to pay quite a bit more. It's very hard for me to find gloves for my hands. I had several pairs of gloves custom made when I was in Korea. What's funny is when I went in this shop and showed my hands to the owner, he started laughing and called his wife over and said "look at big hands". :rofl:

I was going to ask a question about visiting the druggist but I decided against it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
Pogo,

I bet you and I are about the same size in stuff. It sucks because I am just a little bigger than most off the rack stuff. I went to buy a few new dress shirts and of course the ones on sale for $20 were out of my size. I need 36 sleeve and a 18.5 neck. Shoes I go 12-13 depending on manufacture, you can ask Custer as he knows me. I don't look like I'm that big of a guy?


BTW: I know you live in the Midwest like me, have you gone to a K&G Mens mart? They all over the place about one per city and only open Friday-Sunday. They have good stuff at good prices. When I needed suits some years ago for work they had great deals.
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SangRun Hunter said:
BTW: I know you live in the Midwest like me, have you gone to a K&G Mens mart? They all over the place about one per city and only open Friday-Sunday. They have good stuff at good prices. When I needed suits some years ago for work they had great deals.
I think I'll head down to Indy next week sometime and visit one of the tall mens stores.

Omar the tent maker? Shut up Custer. :bangin:
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I always heard about Terre Haute Tent and Awning. But, that was always for fat people, not big people. I'm about 6'-3" and weigh about 230. I used to be a little taller, but everyone shrinks as they get older. And, in that I don't exercise like I used to, and quit smoking I picked up quite a few pounds. I felt real good at about 208 - 210. :p
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,233 Posts
That's a nice looking boot Pogo.:)
 

·
Gunco Irregular
Joined
·
4,323 Posts
When I was 16 my two roomates were 6'6" and 6'5 and I was like 5'7" . I learned to eat fast!! They also had tough times finding stuff to fit them.
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found a nice pair of boots made out of stingray skin - only $499.99. I guess you could call that $500. :rofl: That's a little rich for my blood.

 

·
Friend of MCMXI
Joined
·
8,717 Posts
I figured you guys out west wearing that big of a shoe would shop at the same place Sasquatch buys all his stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,233 Posts
Preacher said:
I figured you guys out west wearing that big of a shoe would shop at the same place Sasquatch buys all his stuff.
:lol::lol:
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now, that was a low blow! :boxing:

:lol:
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top