Gunco Forums banner

Will CNN call Ohio for Bush now that Kerry has conceded?

• Naaaaaah, thy're a bunch of A-holes.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes, some time in the future. As a reputable news organization, they must use journalistic caution.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, as soon as they get their ostrich heads out of the sand.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Don't know. Let's wait and see!

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
To be honest, I gave up on CNN during the Clinton years. It was the Clinton News Network.

I have no idea what CNN may be saying but most of the time I could guess. Whatever is good for the left.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehehe!

CNN gives Bush 274 electoral votes, even after a concession and even though Bush leads in at least two other States, including Iowa by 13,000 votes with 100% of precincts reporting and New Mexico, where the President leads 52-47% (30,000 votes) with 96% of precincts reporting.

They called Wisconsin for Kerry although he led by less than 19,000 with 92% reporting. If Kerry wins Wisconsin, I think the Packers have to rename Lambeaux Field to "Lambert Field" in honor of their chosen Presidential candidate. New Hampshire was called for Kerry, although there is a 10,000 vote difference with 95% reported, not including absentee ballots.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol:

This is funny! After Kerry's concession, CNN still shows Bush with 254 Electoral Votes. Wolf Blitzer predicts that will soon change though.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Kerry is actually doing a good job with this speech. Better than his campaign stuff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
He has no Honor or any real feeling for the common man or his rights. I?m just afraid of the retribution from the Democrats after losing this election, look for an all out push for new gun bans in all States that have a large number of Democrats in office.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Oldgunner said:
He has no Honor or any real feeling for the common man or his rights. I?m just afraid of the retribution from the Democrats after losing this election, look for an all out push for new gun bans in all States that have a large number of Democrats in office.
That's something that could easily backfire on them. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oldgunner,

There is a big difference between southern Democrats at the State/local levels and Liberals. For example, North Carolina's legislature has been dominated by Democrats, but we have some excellent firearms laws. As an Election Volunteer Coordinator, the biggest complaint was that the State's democrat governor who had an "A" rating, was endorsed over a Republican challenger with an equal rating. There were many democrats in our State government with A ratings.

I wonder how much longer the Party can withstand the huge differences in philosophy between its State and Federal levels. Many, who were once Democrats in the south, have either switched parties or turned Blue Dog (like Zell Miller).

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
No sooner than kerry had shut his mouth on his concession speech ABC called Ohio for Bush :lol:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
AClay47 said:
Oldgunner,

There is a big difference between southern Democrats at the State/local levels and Liberals. For example, North Carolina's legislature has been dominated by Democrats, but we have some excellent firearms laws. As an Election Volunteer Coordinator, the biggest complaint was that the State's democrat governor who had an "A" rating, was endorsed over a Republican challenger with an equal rating. There were many democrats in our State government with A ratings.

I wonder how much longer the Party can withstand the huge differences in philosophy between its State and Federal levels. Many, who were once Democrats in the south, have either switched parties or turned Blue Dog (like Zell Miller).
I am not sure the Dems have the common sense to realize most of their current views are out of touch with mainstream America and the base that built the party.

Putting limosine ultra left liberals like Pelosi do not help narrow the gap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts