Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that remember, I had posted about my daughters friend, Lauren, who was diagnosed with leukemia in October. Lauren is only 10 and good friends with my girl. She's had such a rough time with her chemo then catching colds! However, just the other day, her last Dr. visit/chemo session, she is officially in remission! :thumbup1: I know many of you said you would keep her in your prayers and thoughts, and I just wanted to thank each and every one of you. Both my daughter and I are SO happy she's going to be ok. This was really rough for my daughter, she's dealt with cancer in the family but seeing one of her friends with it, really upset her. Anyway, she is a happy camper now and Lauren will be ok.

I personally believe in prayer and honestly believe this was a little miracle. Remission wasn't expected until *maybe* by summer, so hearing this in December really made our year.

Thanks again everyone and keep on praying! :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
That made my day!!!! Thank you so much.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I'm happy for the girl and everyone that loves her. :thumbup1:

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Custer is right what a great way to start the new year!!!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Sandy........that is great news, :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Sandy said:
I personally believe in prayer and honestly believe this was a little miracle.
I'd call it a big miracle. Give her a hug from all of us Sandy.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
:headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:
That's great news Sandy, give her a hug for us!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Sandy, My best friends daughter had leukemia at 7 years old. She just turned 13 last month and she is healthy and happy. Medicine has really had some great advances over the past few decades. We do live in a great time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm going to see her Monday at Girl Scouts and I promise to give her a big hug from everyone! :D I bought all the Girl Scouts (in their troop) one of those Lance Armstrong bracelets. Only these are through hendricksmotorsports.com , they are blue (Lauren's favorite color), and the money goes towards Leukemia & bone marrow specifically. The girls are all excited, they have the yellow ones but not the blue ones! I plan on taking a picture of all of them with the bracelets on, I'll post it when I can.

Thanks again and Happy New Year to everyone. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tell her your friends at gunco wish her a Happy New Year and at least one hundred more in the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts