Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mailbox????? I just took Buddy out to do his thing and saw that my poor mailbox had been shot. Probably new years eve.:pissed:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
That's a bummer. Probably some punk showing his rear end. Those are the kind of people that endanger our gun rights.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pogo said:
That's a bummer. Probably some punk showing his rear end. Those are the kind of people that endanger our gun rights.
What burns me is I just replaced it after the tornado.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Was it a fatal gunshot Lupe???

Sorry bro...........the devil made me do it.

Seriously tho.........was it a .22 a shotgun or something in between?????

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DorGunR said:
Was it a fatal gunshot Lupe???

Sorry bro...........the devil made me do it.

Seriously tho.........was it a .22 a shotgun or something in between?????
Looked to be a 410 or 20ga. There was so much shooting and fireworks I didn't know when it happened. Guess I'll make a trip to Lowes tomorrow. Gotta get back to the Doc as well, can't eat and the right side of my chest is hurting a little more than I can deal with. Don't mean to whine but it really hurts.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Lupeloff said:
Looked to be a 410 or 20ga. There was so much shooting and fireworks I didn't know when it happened. Guess I'll make a trip to Lowes tomorrow. Gotta get back to the Doc as well, can't eat and the right side of my chest is hurting a little more than I can deal with. Don't mean to whine but it really hurts.
Thats not whine Lupe........when ya hurt, ya hurt. Take care and be sure to see your doctor tomorrow............keep us posted bro.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
When we had our house built 20 years ago, one of the first things I did was install a nice wooden mail box in front of my yard.

The second thing I did was plant a vegetable garden with some rows of sweet corn.

As each ear ripened, the racoons got them before I could. We did not get one ear of corn.

So, when the stalks dried out, I thought I would salvage something from the corn fiasco and I cut down the stalks and made a nice Halloween/fall display by bunching them up around my mailbox and putting a few pumpkins out there. My wife and the kids loved it.

The next morning I strolled down the drive way to fetch the Sunday paper. It was dark but I detected a funny smell like something was burning.

When I got to the edge of the drive, I noticed some punks had apparently sprayed the stalks with lighter fluid and burned my mailbox to the ground.

Have not planted corn since.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I had problems a while back with people stealing my mail. I installed a cheap security camera from Harbor Freight on my mailbox and taped them for 2 weeks. They got into my box everyday except for one when it was raining and I didn't go to work. I confronted them and ask them to stop. They told me in not so many words to go Love myself. I called the Postal Inspector, gave him a tape, and he was going to have them arrested. I ask him to warn them instead. He sent them a letter stating that he had watch the tape and definately had enough for conviction. He also stated that the only reason that they were not arrested was at my request. Now when they go get the mail, they don't even look at my box. As a matter of fact, our mailboxes were side by side, but they moved their away from mine about 25 feet.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Where I grew up bashing mailboxes was a huge sport for some of the locals. My Dad decided he was not going to paly and just duct taped ours and pounded it out everytime it was hit. Our neighbors kept putting up new ones and getting them destroyed.

One guy made his out of 8 inch steel pipe and sunk it 6 feet in the ground with cement and put cement down the pipe as well. He was on a curve and his got hit all the time. There was another guy that put up a 5 foot tall cement poured block that was 3 foot wide with a 1/2 inch steel door that pulled down over a hollwed out spot. He was a cement contractor and the pipe owned a plumbing company. I would imagine the local teens were bummed about the those mailboxes.

Lupe,

Take care of yourself buddy...

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I wish I had a pic of a guys mailbox over on Manley Chapel. He took a regular mailbox(one of the big ones) and put a piece of 6" casing centered inside the box. Then he filled the outside of the casing with cement. Looked like an ordinary wimpy mailbox from the outside.

One night some boys were out playing mailbox baseball and tried for a homerun on this one. The bat swung back around and knocked the back glass out of the car. The man heard the comotion, got the plate number, and called the cops. When the cops caught them and asked them how the glass got broke, they told him a turkey flew into it while driving. Cop asked "You mean the turkey was chasing you caught you from behind and flew into you hard enough to break the glass?" The kid answered "Yeah, he was chasing us and I put on the brakes."

Cops didn't believe him for some reason and fined them plus made them clean highways for 30 days.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You didnt do anything to deserve a drive bye did you? Lets be glad that it wasnt your front door or windows.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You didnt do anything to deserve a drive bye did you?

Naw, the only enemies I have wouldn't bother with the mailbox, it would be two to the body and one to the head.

Anyway I got the new one up and will see what gets it.
Tornado-1
gunshot-1

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Did you go to see your doctor today Lupe?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts