Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first batch must have been sold, since I can not find them listed on a certain company's website any longer (Not sure of the rules about posting company names-Who is or is not an advertiser, etc.), but will Anyone be offering Any more Polish Underfolder kits?? Thanks, Bill,

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
This is the land of the free, You can mention any company you wish.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question though, they seem to have dried up.
But there are rumors of more on the way.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I ordered two kits from Ohio Rapid Fire. One of the kits is considered to be "poor" condition ($99.00). Little or no finish left and mismatched parts. The second kit is called the "good luck" kit ($69.00), which is supposed to be a a set made up of non-matching well used spare parts. This may sound like a lost cause, unless you have purchased individual parts somewhere lately.......then these become a bargain. I am going to put these together "as-is" and hope that I can get them to headspace correctly. If so, I will have a couple of "war torn looking" beater guns.......if not I have a source for spare parts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i got a fair kit and a poor kit fair was in great shape poor should be here today

·
Registered
1 Posts
gtbehary said:
I ordered two kits from Ohio Rapid Fire. One of the kits is considered to be "poor" condition ($99.00). Little or no finish left and mismatched parts. The second kit is called the "good luck" kit ($69.00), which is supposed to be a a set made up of non-matching well used spare parts. This may sound like a lost cause, unless you have purchased individual parts somewhere lately.......then these become a bargain. I am going to put these together "as-is" and hope that I can get them to headspace correctly. If so, I will have a couple of "war torn looking" beater guns.......if not I have a source for spare parts.
Hello, I am a FNG here but have bean around on other boards for some time now. I also orderd a good luck kit from O.R.F. and was suprised by what I got. It was a very used kit with a couple of missing parts. The kit was all matching numbers, perfect underfolding stock and hardwhare, and a very dirty bore. After cleaning the rust, dirt, grime, and metal shavings it cleaned up fairly well. It is no show piece, but for the money I can not complain. The only real issue was the rear site is missing, and the base is dented from what looks like a bullet strike. Once I get the kit finnished I will post pics. It will be a beater gun, but will be fun.

Now if someone can tell me where I can get a rear site thet goes on the dust cove I would appreciate it. :thankyou:

·
Registered
825 Posts
warhound said:
Hello, I am a FNG here but have bean around on other boards for some time now. I also orderd a good luck kit from O.R.F. and was suprised by what I got. It was a very used kit with a couple of missing parts. The kit was all matching numbers, perfect underfolding stock and hardwhare, and a very dirty bore. After cleaning the rust, dirt, grime, and metal shavings it cleaned up fairly well. It is no show piece, but for the money I can not complain. The only real issue was the rear site is missing, and the base is dented from what looks like a bullet strike. Once I get the kit finnished I will post pics. It will be a beater gun, but will be fun.

Now if someone can tell me where I can get a rear site thet goes on the dust cove I would appreciate it. :thankyou:
I hope mine is as good as yours!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I opened the box with my two kits (poor and good luck) today. The "good" luck kit is missing the top cover and rear sight (unless it is in the parts bag). Some light surface rust on some of the parts, mismatched, dark bore, but over all a great buy. The poor kit is actually really nice. I can't tell if it is matched because it is all in "arabic". The finish seems to be 90+ percent. Wood is dark and dirty, but still very usable. Bore is bright and sharp. Bolt face looks practically new. This folder has a sloped rear receiver and trunion. What does that mean??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts