Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a show on the history channel called the worst jobs in history. It mainly focussed on british jobs. After watching that helps me realize how fortunate I am to have y current job, or any other crappy job i've ever had.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Ever pulled KP in the military and have to clean out grease traps????:sick:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
DorGunR said:
Ever pulled KP in the military and have to clean out grease traps????:sick:
Done it at Pizza Hut a few times.:barf:

I guess I'm lucky, it has to be pretty bad to bother me. I was the only one that could do it without puking and I inherited the job. Dumb me should have pretended to get sick.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I was a maintenance man at a healthcare facility some years ago. Ever had to stick your hand down in a toilet full of menstral blood and crap?

I had on a rubber glove of course, but the smell and sensations really suck!

As squeamish as I am I made it through that okay. I have worse stories than that as well.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Custer said:
Working for my Dad in high school was the worst job I ever had.
I can second that. I love my Dad dearly, but anyone that works with family deserves a medal!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
When I see some absurd POS in a store, I often remind myself that some dumb schmuck is stuck in a factory making them. I worked in a factory once, best thing that ever happened to me: Left with a solid promise to myself that I would never engage in such soul-killing work again and went back to school.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
When I see some absurd POS in a store, I often remind myself that some dumb schmuck is stuck in a factory making them. I worked in a factory once, best thing that ever happened to me: Left with a solid promise to myself that I would never engage in such soul-killing work again and went back to school.
Having been a network cable installer I worked in several factories doing installation work.

The level of absurdity is mind blowing! Union reps hassling and threatening you as you work. People hiding and sleeping on night shift. People doing everything they can to get in your way while you work.

The scariest people that I have ever known who work in factories are fork lift drivers. These guys used to scare the hell out of us and when you did have to talk to them you weren't completely sure they could grasp communication very well.

They weren't all like that, so don't flame me for generalization.

I agree that factory work sucks the life force out of people unless they have something on the side. The really great people I met were the ones that had their own businesses they were trying get going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts