Gunco Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Yep, I have owned a few over the years, still do. They are very comfortable to shoot, accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Her is one I made years ago with a folding stock and HKG3 front sight/M16 flash hider combo. Used a USGI fiberglass stock, part of a Butler Creek folding stock for an Remingtom 870 shot gun and a Chinese AK grip.

The two bolts holding the stock and the bolt for the grip are attached to the stock with PC7 steel based epoxy, Have fire a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems, but prefer a standard stock.

Gun accessory Metal Auto part Nickel Cylinder
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Fixture
Trigger Fixture Air gun Gun barrel Composite material
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Hardwood

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Her is one I made years ago with a folding stock and HKG3 front sight/M16 flash hider combo. Used a USGI fiberglass stock, part of a Butler Creek folding stock for an Remingtom 870 shot gun and a Chinese AK grip.

The two bolts holding the stock and the bolt for the grip are attached to the stock with PC7 steel based epoxy, Have fire a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems, but prefer a standard stock.

View attachment 54835 View attachment 54836 View attachment 54837 View attachment 54834
hehehe , not exactly sure what you are gaining with a folding stock on a M1a , did you fire it with it folded , lol , please say yes i want to here about :p:p:p:p

·
gunco irregular
3,460 Posts
Nice looking Rifles Micmacman and Tommo! Mine is basically stock and a pleasure to shoot.

·
gunco irregular
3,460 Posts
I have an Israeli steel scope mount for mine that has an old steel weaver 3-9 on it. Used to deer hunt in MO and WI and would be one of the guns I'd take.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are fun and accurate , i got into a internet war with a guy on a survival forum last year , guy was late 50s (im 58 so i know what 58 year old peepers can and cant do) and blowing hard he could take a M1a and consistently hit a 2x2 in excess of 800 yds with just the standard peep sights, he did not have a recognizable name you would see in a G&A magazine

they got some of the biggest names in shooting to try it and they were averaging 1 out of 10 on a 2x2 w/NM sights , guy was a moderator on the forum , i thrashed him so bad he banned me ,lol , like i was suppose to cry myself a sleep because a forum with a blow hard bullshit artist for a moderator didnt want me around

i can deal with strectching , a bend here and there , but out right fabrication to make you seem invincible was a bridge too far

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
With my 72 year old eyes I can no longer use NM sights, have to use standard battle sights. On my bush models with 18.5 inch barrels I replaced the USGI front sights with HKG3 sights, easier for me to see. It is possible he could be telling the truth, but not very likely IMHO.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think people tend to exaggerate , he would be world class to consistently hit (his words) a 2x2 in excess of 800 yrds with iron sights , NM or not , in his mid to late 50's , first off you would have to be a genius to formulate elevation and windage , and without being able to tell if missing R,L U or D how does he know how to make adjustments , if some of the worlds best shooters were averaging 1 out of 10 , i smell the scent of a barn yard floppy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts