Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I didn't take any pics while working on this, only had a little bit of time here and there and wanted to get some progress done.

But here's the out of box pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's where I'm at so far. Need to replace a couple rivets, and paint it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Thank you
Those things look BADASS with the sidefolder!!!
That's what I thought the first time I saw one, I knew right then and there I had to have one :D

I also forgot to mention - Sorry about it being naked, I'll put a mag or drum in it for the rest of the pics :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks great Coils! One Q though, That sidefolder Trunnion is a regular AK one right? No special fabrications?

I see that you modded the receiver to fit it, was that difficult?

EDIT: Just saw This.

I guess I am the dumbass of the day.

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you
No your not a dumbass, you found that other link and didn't depend on someone else to hold your hand. :D

But yes it's basic AK side folder stuff for the rear, there are two types of trunnion, there's a 4.5mm & a 5.5mm hinge pin. I think the 5.5 is the newer one.
The main thing you need that's specific to the S12 is the front hook that locks the stock, originals are hard to get but there is someone making a them now, I'll have to find them and post a link.

As for the receiver I was very hesitant to cutting it, I use a damaged bent flat to try doing the cuts on first & test fitting, once I knew what needed done I started cutting on the S12.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts