·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's a good place to buy Sten kits?

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
I thought about doing a Sten conversion, but it's a lot of work. With the modification of the bolt and designing a striker system for closed bolt operation.

I think it'd just be easier to use one of the semi-auto Sten kits from http://www.semiautosten.com/

I don't know if there are any other conversion kits on the market for the conversion, but I thought there used to be. If nothing else, the pics of their kit parts should give you a good start on copying the design. The kit is backordered now. Maybe you could just e-mail them and get a copy of their instructions and then mill your own parts. I wish their kit was cheaper.

Since the original bolt can't be used with the conversion kit, $30 for the trigger housing, stock, and barrel doesn't sound all that bad.

·
Angry White Man
3,379 Posts
The Tapco Sten kits with the brass bolt are a good deal. You'll only use the trigger housing and internals, bolt handle, end cap, stock, and magazine well in a semiauto sten build. You won't use the brass bolt, but it's a rare and unique item and part of the sten's history.

Building a semiauto sten does require some welding skills, but they're not that tough.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Holy smokes! It's Ret Vet!
HI Ret Vet!!!!!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
To Gunco!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Welcome RetVet! Glad to see ya here! :thumbup1:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Rhino and Rev. I'll go to the official thread for a proper welcome.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I had ordered a sten and canceled the order because the semi was SSSssooo expensive. I do not want a $175 sten forget it.

·
Angry White Man
3,379 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. I stumbled upon this site while searching for FAL rifle info. Looks like a lot a familiar "faces" here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts