Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the weirdest thing or things you have shot at?

I like to shoot dead PC hard drives since they make a nice small target to hit. Old laptops are another good one. I've shot at old ugly lamps too! Cruise a couple of yard sales and you can find ugly old 1970's lamps for cheap as exploding targets.

Flywheels from old cars and some other misc car parts too.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Not very weird, but I love shooting up AOhell CDs (I grab the free ones by the handfull) and any Microtrash CD I can get my hands on. We used to live near an old junkyard and there's tons of abandoned cars there. I'd drive my wrangler there, chain up a car and we'd drag it to our back yard and have a shootout...

Tortillas are fun and biofriendly - and I use a red marker to draw bullseyes on them... :rockets:

762X54R said:
What is the weirdest thing or things you have shot at?

I like to shoot dead PC hard drives since they make a nice small target to hit. Old laptops are another good one. I've shot at old ugly lamps too! Crusie a couple of yard sales and you can find ugly old 1970's lamps for cheap as exploding targets.

Flywheels from old cars and some other misc car parts too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Both, well actually a :biggun: scientific exercise !

.380 zipped through, split door skin on other side , almost made it through

9mm all the way through

12 gauge slug through rear side post skidded around rear windshield (didn't break glass)

7.62 x 39 zipped right through

All shots where driver side to passenger side and carefully placed so that the car was still able to be driven to the crushers. (Although it did vibrate a lot due to the drive shaft being perfectly -accidentally- center punched by a 12 gauge slug).

Lesson learned : Don't get shot at in a car by anything reguardless of caliber , if at all possible. :biggun:

Of course now that I'm older and wiser, I only shoot at K-cars and various appliances , when ever I can make it to BulletFest. (nothing to clean up except the brass).

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Primers, on shotgun shells. At 100 yards with a 22 bolt.

Not advise, just a example of how stupid we can be when we were young.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you guys have never been to bulletfest, have you?!?!?! heheh!

hmmm? how about the john deere garden tractor we sat on the roof of a ford aerostar minivan and blew to bits with a g.e. minigun?

go over to the ak side of the ar15com board and d-load the entire bulletfest video!

btw, that reminds me, all members of gunconet are cordially invited to bulletfest V to blast with us, the last weekend in june!

·
Registered
621 Posts
"Robo" the VCR owned by my buddy and his girlfriend.

A humidifier with a dome-shaped cover. It looked like you were shooting at a miniature observatory dome!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Dad has one of those 6 foot tall carboard cutouts of Clinton that someone told him to take for target practise.

He was going to shoot it up, but my Dad is too much of a gentleman to do that. He hates Clinton, but can't quite be that dis-respectful.

Maybe I should pilfer that from him for one our Cincy shoots?

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
My Dad has one of those 6 foot tall carboard cutouts of Clinton that someone told him to take for target practise.

He was going to shoot it up, but my Dad is too much of a gentleman to do that. He hates Clinton, but can't quite be that dis-respectful.

Maybe I should pilfer that from him for one our Cincy shoots?
Your Dad has class.

I don't.

Bring it to the shoot!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Lets do a firing line style excequiton. :troops:

·
Registered
109 Posts
"Strangest target you have shot up?"

Funny you should ask, I had to think long and hard but one stands alone (literally). It's one of those 4' hollow plastic Santa's. Found him on top of someone's trash last spring, brought him home and shot him. (hey, I was having a really bad day o.k....) Ol' St. Nick was pretty darned resilient, 30 rounds of 5.45x39 and he didn't even budge!

He's got a few more mags worth of target practice left in him, maybe I'll shoot a vid...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Evil_Walks said:
"Strangest target you have shot up?"

Funny you should ask, I had to think long and hard but one stands alone (literally). It's one of those 4' hollow plastic Santa's. Found him on top of someone's trash last spring, brought him home and shot him. (hey, I was having a really bad day o.k....) Ol' St. Nick was pretty darned resilient, 30 rounds of 5.45x39 and he didn't even budge!

He's got a few more mags worth of target practice left in him, maybe I'll shoot a vid...
Lawn gnomes would make great targets, especially if you could find some with frightened expressions on their faces.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Little piles of snow off the top of telephone poles-ex boss was the OIC of the Ft. Bragg sniper school-after a morning of zeroing-he gets bored so we would shoot at the piles of snow atop the telephone poles-this was in Alaska not N.Carolina!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Willy waterbug. :D I was headed to the range forgot about picking out some stuff to shoot up, noticed ole Willy sitting in the corner of the garage (he has been replaced by Olie Octopus) so I grabbed him and took him to the range. Didn't realize there was still some water left over. :scared: but it was 'different'.

(For those that don't know what Willie and Ollie are, they are sprinklers. :D )

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1/2 Case of tree stumpin dynomite the Farmer wanted it gone. it's gone.Booooooooom

That's been 30 years ago, still remember it though :blowup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts